Jews,Christians and Muslims~Issues#1

  • charlesfinney_99
    Message 1 of 603 , Nov 1, 2001
      In the light of today fast moving event around
      Middle East,Palestine,and recent New York bombings,we
      need to have some christian perspectives to know and
      tell our family.<br>----%%-------<br>HISTORICAL
      BACKGROUND@@<br>JEWS: This is historical event that Jewist states and
      Jewish people existed. The bible is also greatest source
      of historical event. God inspired many authors to
      write it historically,AND spiritually, BOTH accurate.
      Of course, we do not need historical proofs to
      believe. It is enough GOD said so. And history merely
      prove faithfulness of GOD our FATHER.<br>EUROPEAN
      CONQUORING MIDDLE EAST:<br>Known earth history starts right
      after Noah Flood(confirming Flood and biblical
      account),,but clear,detailed history started after Alexander
      conquered Persian Empire. God gave us history of Ancient
      Israel,Babylon,Persia accurately,and historical. Sometimes,BIBLE itself
      is the best source of antiquity.<br>#ROOT OF ISLAM
      started when Greek conquered Persia: God allowed
      Alexander to conquered all known world. It was both
      prophecied,and fulfulled to the letter. Socially speaking,it is
      also European's first colonization of old world,and
      dominating the earth.<br>Greek colonized Egype,Jewish
      land,Syria, Persia,many arab lands, Turkey. It was sort of
      empirial colonazation and ruthless exploitation by force.
      Then,ROMAN conquered and subjugated Greek empire. It is
      still same type of European domination. ALL this
      time,native Egyptians,Arabs and middle East people were
      virtual slaves and suffered incredible hardship as
      conquered people. Seeds of Islam already started by
      oppressed Middle Easterners.<br>TIME OF JESUS<AND RISE
      OF CHRISTIANS<AND DESTRUCTION OF JEWISH
      NATION:<br>Jesus was born during time of August Caesar. At that
      time,Jewish nation was semi-independent,client state of ROMAN
      with some privilege. New testament historicity is just
      amazingly accurate,including names such as
      Tiberious,Pilate,Herod,Aggrippa,etc. <br>Jesus then started to preach,and,after 3
      years of evangelism,he was
      murdered,then,resurrected.<br>Why some Jews killed Him?<br>Bible speaks of envy and
      anger. Spiritually,many Jews were selfish and angry at
      Jesus for pointing out their sins,and urging
      repentance.<br>Socially speaking, Jews wanted MESSIAH" to rescue them
      from ROMAN OPPRESSION. This is similar desire by
      oppressed minorities,or conquered nations. This is
      nationalist feeling of "just" war of overthrowing
      oppressors.<br>Jesus had NONE of it! Actually,Jesus condemned Jews for
      their unrepentance,greed and unbelief,rather than
      Romans. To JEWS,there were victims" of ROMAN racism and
      oppression,and JESUS knew better. HE who knows all things,KNOWS
      JEWS are not better than ROMAN! IF anything,Romans
      were better!<br>So Jewish
      leaders,political,religious,conspired with ROMAN,to kill innocent and righteous
      Jesus.<br>RISE OF CHRISTIANS:<br>Some Jews repented and believe
      Jesus and embraced gospel. These were 12 disciples.
      They were True descendants of Abraham,true Jews.
      Then,some Jews also believed the gospel. BUT majority of
      JEWS rejected Jesus because of their wickedness and
      unbelief. AND then,after Jesus crucifixion and
      resurrection,Christians Jews were persecuted greatly,and some were
      killed.<br>NATIONALISM AND CHRISTIANITY: now,we see sometimes
      nationalism,or racial solidarity can go counter with
      christianity. Many time, nationalism is used to justify war and
      wicked deeds. Selfish nationalism is the root of
      Nazism,racism and colonial oppression. Islam is kinds of Pan
      Arabic nationalism totally selfish,and
    • godsgrace0917
      Message 603 of 603 , Jan 11, 2008
        Hello, although new to this group, I read this message written so long
        ago and wished to comment . After reading this, I feel I must agree that
        we do have a choice as to if we saved or not. I believe also that of
        course God knows who will and will not,, but I have asked those who say
        we have no choice in the matter, "Well then, is it your position then ,
        that some who sincerely seek Gods will and salvation, cannot obtain it
        even if they follow all God says to do to be saved, if they are not
        predestined to do so? (by their definition of this) They had no answer,
        and so I still feel that we have a choice, and God does indeed know who
        will choose HIM and who will not. I found this message very interesting,
        thank the writer of this. Lisa