Re: [Wesleyan Theology] Fw: Does your King James Version Bible use words..................

  • Austin Post
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2006
      Constantine did not believe he was the pope, in fact the whole idea
      of the pope did not start until the Middle Ages. I even would go so
      far as to say that only an idiot would call Peter a pope.

      --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "Scott R Jordan"
      <scottrjordan@...> wrote:

      > Yes, most of this sounds like nonsense from some cult. It is true
      that many
      > English words had previous use by pagans. That is true of every
      language,
      > but means nothing. God used the language of the day, rather than
      invent a
      > new language. However, the person who eventually wrote this
      article was a
      > stooge. For example, he says, "Early believers kept Saturday as
      the Sabbath
      > until March 7, 321 CE when Pope Constantine passed a law requiring
      believers
      > to worship on Sunday, the day the pagans worshipped the sun-god."
      There
      > actually is no evidence that Christians ever kept the Sabbath.
      There is a
      > reference where Paul rejects people who do make an issue of keeping
      such.
      > Also, only a complete idiot would call Constantine a pope.
      >
      > Blessings
      >
      > SJ

      words..................

      > Does your King James Version Bible use words or wording that
      originated in
      > pagan religions, especially in pagan sun worship such as: Amen,
      Bible,
      > Christ, Church, Cross, Easter, Ghost Glory, God, Holy, Jesus, Lord,
      and
      > Testament?
      >
      > AMEN The Hebrew of the Old Testament reveals to us that the
      Scriptural
      > Hebrew word (which means: so be it, or verily, or surely) is "Amein"
      > and not "Amen." Likewise, the Greek equivalent in the Greek New
      Testament is
      > pronounced: "Amein." The Egyptians, including the Alexandrians, had
      been
      > worshiping, or been acquainted with, the head of the Egyptian
      pantheon,
      > Amen-Ra, the great sun-deity, for more than one thousand years
      B.C. Before
      > he was known as Amen-Ra, he was known as Amen among the Thebans.
      According
      > to Funk and Wagnall's Standard College Dictionary, AMEN was the god
      of life
      > and procreation in Egyptian mythology, and later identified with
      the Sun-god
      > as the supreme deity and called "Amen-Ra." Smith's Bible Dictionary
      and
      > Egyptian Belief and Modern Thought agree. Our Saviour Yahushua
      calls
      > Himself "the Amein" in Revelation 3:14. One might ask: Have we
      been misled
      > to invoke the name of the Egyptian sun-deity at the end of our
      prayers?
      > PRESENTED IN REVELATIONS 22:21 KJV - Amen
      > ISR - AmĂȘn (pronounced Ah-mein)

    • Scott R Jordan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2006
        I believe you are right

        Blessings

        SJ

        Add me to your address book... Want a signature like this?