God the Father

  • filo_pateer1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2006
      "I love the Father". Does this statement sound strange to you? For many people, it may sound strange. We often hear "I love God", "I love Jesus," "I love the Bible," or "I love the cross" but how often does anyone say, "I love the Father"? Think about it: When was the last time you heard anyone say "I love the Father"? You do not hear "I love the Father." Why not? Many sincere Christians have wonderful adoration of the Son of God Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit but "God the Father" is forgotten from their conscious. Then, you may wonder, what about "God the Father"? Is He just a mere idea? The Lord Jesus Christ said, "The world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me" (John 14:31, NIV). He wanted the world to learn from Him how much He loved "The Heavenly Father". Why should a subject like this be of any more than passing interest? Because Lord Jesus Christ himself said to the Heavenly Father: "Eternal life is this: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent" (John 17:3, JB). So our entire eternal future hinges on our knowledge of the Heavenly Father and His Son whom He has sent. Therefore, why not examine this issue for yourself?

      We do not have to be theologians 'to know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent'? (John 17:3, JB). The faithful disciples of Jesus were, humble farmers, fishermen, tax collectors, housewives. Those common people were so certain of what Jesus taught about God the Father [Yahweh Elohiym] that they could teach it to others and were even willing to die for their beliefThere are good reasons, then, why you should know the Biblical truth about the God the Father. This truth is wonderfully and simply portrayed in the Bible. So, let us set aside our preconception and search for the Biblical View of "The Heavenly Father".When we speak about God the Father, do we lessen of the divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ? Not at all. In the contrary, we affirm the divinity of the Lord Jesus as the Son of God the Father. The lord Jesus said, "I came from the Father and entered the world" (John 16:28).Moreover, the unity between the Father and the Son is mysterious and unspeakable. The Lord Jesus said, "The Father and I are one" (John 10:30, NJB); "I and the Father are one heart and mind." (John 10:30, The Message).I would like to invite you to join "God the Father" group at:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/God-the-Father/Filo_Pateer

    • Rev. Andrew B. Glos
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2006
        Very beautifully put, I think. Nothing more, no
        further comment. Just praise for your good words about
        the Good Word and the One who sent Him.

        Andrew

        --- filo_pateer1 <filo_pateer1@...> wrote:

        > "I love the Father". Does this statement sound
        > strange to you? For many people, it may sound
        > strange. We often hear "I love God", "I love Jesus,"
        > "I love the Bible," or "I love the cross" but how
        > often does anyone say, "I love the Father"? Think
        > about it: When was the last time you heard anyone
        > say "I love the Father"? You do not hear "I love the
        > Father." Why not? Many sincere Christians have
        > wonderful adoration of the Son of God Jesus Christ
        > and the Holy Spirit but "God the Father" is
        > forgotten from their conscious. Then, you may
        > wonder, what about "God the Father"? Is He just a
        > mere idea? The Lord Jesus Christ said, "The world
        > must learn that I love the Father and that I do
        > exactly what my Father has commanded me" (John
        > 14:31, NIV). He wanted the world to learn from Him
        > how much He loved "The Heavenly Father". Why should
        > a subject like this be of any more than passing
        > interest? Because Lord Jesus Christ himself said to
        > the Heavenly Father: "Eternal life is this: to know
        > you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you
        > have sent" (John 17:3, JB). So our entire eternal
        > future hinges on our knowledge of the Heavenly
        > Father and His Son whom He has sent. Therefore, why
        > not examine this issue for yourself?
        >
        > We do not have to be theologians 'to know the only
        > true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent'? (John
        > 17:3, JB). The faithful disciples of Jesus were,
        > humble farmers, fishermen, tax collectors,
        > housewives. Those common people were so certain of
        > what Jesus taught about God the Father [Yahweh
        > Elohiym] that they could teach it to others and were
        > even willing to die for their beliefThere are good
        > reasons, then, why you should know the Biblical
        > truth about the God the Father. This truth is
        > wonderfully and simply portrayed in the Bible. So,
        > let us set aside our preconception and search for
        > the Biblical View of "The Heavenly Father".When we
        > speak about God the Father, do we lessen of the
        > divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ? Not at all. In
        > the contrary, we affirm the divinity of the Lord
        > Jesus as the Son of God the Father. The lord Jesus
        > said, "I came from the Father and entered the world"
        > (John 16:28).Moreover, the unity between the Father
        > and the Son is mysterious and unspeakable. The Lord
        > Jesus said, "The Father and I are one" (John 10:30,
        > NJB); "I and the Father are one heart and mind."
        > (John 10:30, The Message).I would like to invite you
        > to join "God the Father" group

        > removed]

        "I discovered later, and I'm still discovering right up to this moment, that is it only by living completely in this world that one learns to have faith. By this-worldliness I mean living unreservedly in life's duties, problems, successes and failures, experiences and perplexities. In so doing we throw ourselves completely into the arms of God, taking seriously, not our own sufferings, but those of God in the world. That, I think, is faith." - Rev. Dietrich Bonhoeffer
      • Filo Pateer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2006
          Dear Rev. Andrew:
          Thank you for your kind message. I wish you join us in "God the Father" group and share with your wonderful insight. The address of the group is:

          Thank you
          Filo_Pateer

          "Rev. Andrew B. Glos" <abglos@...> wrote:

> [...]

          > said, "I came from the Father and entered the world"
          > (John 16:28).Moreover, the unity between the Father
          > and the Son is mysterious and unspeakable. The Lord
          > Jesus said, "The Father and I are one" (John 10:30,
          > NJB); "I and the Father are one heart and mind."
          > (John 10:30, The Message).I would like to invite you
          > to join "God the Father" group

          > removed]

          "I discovered later, and I'm still discovering right up to this moment, that is it only by living completely in this world that one learns to have faith. By this-worldliness I mean living unreservedly in life's duties, problems, successes and failures, experiences and perplexities. In so doing we throw ourselves completely into the arms of God, taking seriously, not our own sufferings, but those of God in the world. That, I think, is faith." - Rev. Dietrich Bonhoeffer

          Theology Wesleyan university Indiana wesleyan Wesleyan Wesleyan college ct Sect of judaism