RE: [Wesleyan Theology] Digest Number 548

  • Ulysses Castillo
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
      /sigh. You've made three posts and in all three posts you are rude and your
      grammar is atrocious. Bad grammar can be ignored. But rudeness is not
      appropriate in this forum. Please go elsewhere.

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:39:30 -0000
      From: "S. Wesley Mcgranor" <e_plurilbus_unum@...>
      Subject: Re: Hello to all!

      Hello,

      Your respose is silly. "What can the Roman Pontiff do to come home?"
      "the great shism of the West." "war", i am Protesatant because i am
      anti-Catholic. I realise what we are and what arent. And we are not
      Catholic. Same would say as Catholics want the to. 'But Catholics are
      Christians to'. Good for them.

      Sincerely,
      S. Wesley Mcgranor
    • S. Wesley Mcgranor
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
        Listen man,

        You want grammer go to school. You want to be Catholic go the church.

        Your grammer is perfect but your point is not there,
        S. Wesley Mcgranor

        --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "Ulysses Castillo"
        <uman@s...> wrote:
        > /sigh. You've made three posts and in all three posts you are rude
        and your
        > grammar is atrocious. Bad grammar can be ignored. But rudeness is not
        > appropriate in this forum. Please go elsewhere.
        >
        > Message: 1
        > Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:39:30 -0000
        > From: "S. Wesley Mcgranor" <e_plurilbus_unum@y...>
        > Subject: Re: Hello to all!
        >

        > Hello,
        >
        > Your respose is silly. "What can the Roman Pontiff do to come home?"
        > "the great shism of the West." "war", i am Protesatant because i am
        > anti-Catholic. I realise what we are and what arent. And we are not
        > Catholic. Same would say as Catholics want the to. 'But Catholics are
        > Christians to'. Good for them.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > S. Wesley Mcgranor
      • John Earp
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
          I agree with Ulysses. Mr. McGranor's demeanor is inappropriate here.

          John Earp

          --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "S. Wesley Mcgranor"
          <e_plurilbus_unum@y...> wrote:

          > Listen man,
          >
          > You want grammer go to school. You want to be Catholic go the church.
          >
          > Your grammer is perfect but your point is not there,
          > S. Wesley Mcgranor
          >

          > --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "Ulysses Castillo"
          > <uman@s...> wrote:
          > > /sigh. You've made three posts and in all three posts you are rude
          > and your
          > > grammar is atrocious. Bad grammar can be ignored. But rudeness
          is not
          > > appropriate in this forum. Please go elsewhere.
          > >
          > > Message: 1
          > > Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:39:30 -0000
          > > From: "S. Wesley Mcgranor" <e_plurilbus_unum@y...>
          > > Subject: Re: Hello to all!
          > >

          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > Your respose is silly. "What can the Roman Pontiff do to come home?"
          > > "the great shism of the West." "war", i am Protesatant because i am
          > > anti-Catholic. I realise what we are and what arent. And we are not
          > > Catholic. Same would say as Catholics want the to. 'But Catholics are
          > > Christians to'. Good for them.
          > >
          > > Sincerely,
          > > S. Wesley Mcgranor
        • Craig L. Adams
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
            On 12/1/04 10:25 AM, "John Earp" <j_earp@...> wrote:

            > I agree with Ulysses. Mr. McGranor's demeanor is inappropriate here.

            Mr. Mcgranor is silly, rude, insulting and not worth responding to.

            --
            Craig L. Adams
            Weidman United Methodist Church
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
              You all are a bunch of posers,

              May the Roman Pontiff lead you to back the one true church. As Vatican
              2 says we are no longer "imitation christians" (as Vatican 1 stated)
              but "seperated brethren". May seperated brethren like yourselves come
              to the Catholic Church and be glad you've made it back.

              'their christians to',
              S. Wesley Mcgranor

              --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "John Earp" <j_earp@y...> wrote:

              > I agree with Ulysses. Mr. McGranor's demeanor is inappropriate here.
              >
              > John Earp
              >
              > --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "S. Wesley Mcgranor"
              > <e_plurilbus_unum@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Listen man,
              > >
              > > You want grammer go to school. You want to be Catholic go the church.
              > >
              > > Your grammer is perfect but your point is not there,
              > > S. Wesley Mcgranor
              > >

              > > --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "Ulysses Castillo"
              > > <uman@s...> wrote:
              > > > /sigh. You've made three posts and in all three posts you are rude
              > > and your
              > > > grammar is atrocious. Bad grammar can be ignored. But rudeness
              > is not
              > > > appropriate in this forum. Please go elsewhere.
              > > >
              > > > Message: 1
              > > > Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:39:30 -0000
              > > > From: "S. Wesley Mcgranor" <e_plurilbus_unum@y...>
              > > > Subject: Re: Hello to all!
              > > >

              > > > Hello,
              > > >
              > > > Your respose is silly. "What can the Roman Pontiff do to come home?"
              > > > "the great shism of the West." "war", i am Protesatant because i am
              > > > anti-Catholic. I realise what we are and what arent. And we are not
              > > > Catholic. Same would say as Catholics want the to. 'But
              Catholics are
              > > > Christians to'. Good for them.
              > > >
              > > > Sincerely,
              > > > S. Wesley Mcgranor
            • eloheh
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
                E-Pluribus:

                Please enlighten us all as to how thinking a guy in Rome
                being "infallable" (as a human) is NOT Idol worship and unChristian?

                I await your informed reply.
              • S. Wesley Mcgranor
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
                  Hello,

                  Once again your incomprehension is not surprising.

                  I thankyou,
                  S. Wesley Mcgranor

                  --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "eloheh" <Eloheh@y...> wrote:

                  > E-Pluribus:
                  >
                  > Please enlighten us all as to how thinking a guy in Rome
                  > being "infallable" (as a human) is NOT Idol worship and unChristian?
                  >
                  > I await your informed reply.
                • eloheh
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
                    As I expected, you can't answer the question because no true
                    Christian would consider a human infallable...certainly NOT John
                    Wesley...whom this list is about.

                    A friend, who left the Catholic Church to become a United Methodist,
                    once said; "All they want you to do is 'pray, pay and obey'."

                    Those priests in New England certainly are fine folks to look up to -
                    child molesters and such.

                    Your condescension is misplaced. Examine the plank in your own
                    denomination's eye before casting aspersions on others.
                  • Rev. Andrew B. Glos
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
                      --- eloheh <Eloheh@...> wrote:
                      > As I expected, you can't answer the question because
                      > no true
                      > Christian would consider a human
                      > infallable...certainly NOT John
                      > Wesley...whom this list is about.

                      So then, the Lord Jesus Christ is not fully human? I
                      think you might have 2000 years of Christian orthodox
                      against you there, my friend.

                      Andrew, who also affirms to Him to have been fully
                      divine, but not the exclusion of His humanity.
                    • S. Wesley Mcgranor
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
                        Hello,

                        It is my understanding that Jesus The Son prayed to himself. As tha
                        bible says 'he prayed to tha father'. How, also it is my understanding
                        that The son was on earth at tha time in the person of Jesus Christ.
                        To wich he prayed to tha father in heaven. My God is of course of tha
                        trinity. However my understanding does not make them literally 3. As
                        for Jesus's nature he was not all divine because of his human aspect
                        as tradition and tha bible say. You know of the Coptics that were
                        declared heretics because of the mono-physite belief? Later in 1983
                        the Roman Pontiff sayed it was "because of a linguistic failure" that
                        the Copts didnt understand or the Romans didnt. Who cares? I am sure
                        the Copts werent concerened anyway. The Copts also date their Church
                        to Mark. And claim that they were the original 'church'.

                        Peace,
                        S. Wesley Mcgranor

                        --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. Andrew B. Glos"

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
                          On 12/1/04 7:30 PM, "eloheh" <Eloheh@...> wrote:

                          > As I expected, you can't answer the question.... <snip>

                          I think Mr. Mcgranor is an anti-Roman Catholic Protestant conservative. I
                          think you have misread his confused & confusing posts.

                          I base this on the following:

                          On 11/30/04 4:39 PM, "S. Wesley Mcgranor" <e_plurilbus_unum@...>
                          wrote:

                          > "the great shism of the West." "war", i am Protesatant because i am
                          > anti-Catholic. I realise what we are and what arent. And we are not
                          > Catholic.

                          He's hard to understand, but it's also not really worth *trying* since he
                          doesn't seem to have anything worthwhile to say. He is also misusing the
                          word "Catholic" - I think he means "Roman Catholic."

                          Anyway, responding to him is what's called "Feeding the Troll." It just
                          keeps him going.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
                            Hello,

                            No confusing points here. Perhaps its due to a lack of comprehension
                            that you and others have. And the name you made "anti-Catholic
                            Protestant Conservative" what 'whopper'.

                            A mere Protestant,
                            S. Wesley Mcgranor

                            --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, "Craig L. Adams"