The sabath

  • roodzu
    Message 1 of 603 , Jan 9, 2001
      Actually, the idea that the sabath is a special
      day dedicated to God may not be strictly scriptural.
      I think scripturally, the sabbath is exactly what
      it is often called - a "day of rest." If it is
      restful to be with and in God with and in the community
      of Christ, then do it on the sabath. If it is
      restful to sleep in, then I think scripturally that is
      the kind of thing that it is good to do on the
      sabbath. As Jesus said, the sabbath was made for man, not
      man for the sabbath - see what I mean?<br><br>This is
      the reason I would advocate that people take saturday
      as the Sabbath, as the day of rest, and sunday as
      the Lord's day, a day dedicated to God. That is, if
      they really want to start being held accountable to
      days, months, seasons and years...<br><br>-Kris
    • godsgrace0917
      Message 603 of 603 , Jan 11, 2008
        Hello, although new to this group, I read this message written so long
        ago and wished to comment . After reading this, I feel I must agree that
        we do have a choice as to if we saved or not. I believe also that of
        course God knows who will and will not,, but I have asked those who say
        we have no choice in the matter, "Well then, is it your position then ,
        that some who sincerely seek Gods will and salvation, cannot obtain it
        even if they follow all God says to do to be saved, if they are not
        predestined to do so? (by their definition of this) They had no answer,
        and so I still feel that we have a choice, and God does indeed know who
        will choose HIM and who will not. I found this message very interesting,
        thank the writer of this. Lisa