      From: Ron Hunter <hunthome1@...>
      Subject: Re: [Wesleyan Theology] Re: What is the "holiness tradition"?
      To: wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 7:16 PM

      The Church of the Nazarene and the Weslyan chruch still consider themselves holiness of the Holiness tradition. What this actually "is" has been understood differntly over the past centruy. Holiness is considerd to be the working of the Holy Spirit in heart and life, manifest through lifestyle of godliness and love for God and neighbor. The pentecostal version with the evidences of the spirit in tongues and whatnot has been discourages in the above mentioned denomonations.

      Ron