      From: hunthome1 <hunthome1@...>
      To: wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:45:59 PM
      Subject: [Wesleyan Theology] Re: What is the "holiness tradition"?

      James/Yaakov,
      Coherent enthusiasm has never been a concern, from what I understand.
      Joy, wonder and awe are certainly understandable responses to the
      grace of God. The history of the holiness has not be a quiet one as
      many were loud and exuberant. The evidence of the Holy Spirit was
      more a lifestyle of godliness with personal responsibility and
      brotherly love, over any response in the public meetings.