4045Re: What is the "holiness tradition"?

  • hunthome1
    Aug 19, 2008
      James/Yaakov,
      Coherent enthusiasm has never been a concern, from what I understand.
      Joy, wonder and awe are certainly understandable responses to the
      grace of God. The history of the holiness has not be a quiet one as
      many were loud and exuberant. The evidence of the Holy Spirit was
      more a lifestyle of godliness with personal responsibility and
      brotherly love, over any response in the public meetings.

      --- In wesleyantheology@yahoogroups.com, James Bauers <yaakov653@...>
      wrote:

      > Shalom Hunthome 1 and fellow sojourners,
      >
      > That's really the biggest difference between Wesleyan and Nazarene
      is in their organization set up. Maybe a difference in how
      their 'doctrines' are worded. Still, both very precious and growing
      denominations. For me, I see them both really making great strives
      toward being fully given over to the Lord in all His ways. We're
      attending a Nazarene Church now, but, are Wesleyan. I grew up first
      Pilgrim-Holiness and then Wesleyan. Talk about 'moving in the
      Spirit', there would be folks shouting and dancing and running around
      the church when I was in the Pilgrim-Holiness, it wasn't quite like
      that after the merger of 1968!!

      > James/Yaakov Bauers
      >

      > "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who
      does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."
      2 Timothy 2:15 (NASB/95)

    »
    «