Why did John Wesley become vegetarian?

  • abbajesus
    Message 1 of 136 , Oct 29, 2000
      For health, for Genesis 1: 29, for Isaiah<br>and
      other reasons:<br><br> According to his collected works
      John Wesley<br> in v 6 said Dr Cheyne advised him to
      become<br> a vegetarian and he had done so.. his
      friend has had the spiritual gift of<br> prophecy as
      well as dream messages from God<br> for many years..
      she told me today that<br> God said Gore is a good
      man and will win<br> because of the addition of God's
      died convicted of a capital<br> offense at the right
      hand of Jesus.<br><br> When the Pope asked Gov Bush to
      show<br> clemency (as did the President of France<br> in
      the case of innocent Odell Barnes of Texas)<br> Gov
      man convicted of a capital<br> crime (theft) who died
      on Jesus' right hand<br> side.. and was promised
      paradise by Jesus.<br><br> John 8: 7 Jesus physically
      stop the federal<br> execution scheduled for Nov
      15<br> president@... (whitehouse dot
      Texas chief warden questions executions .. many wardens
      recount being<br> with 150 mostly poor men.. as they
      in the name of Jesus Christ<br> that You have
      decided Al Gore will be president<br> of the US,
      protected while in office,<br> doing Your will every
      second. Thank you<br> for taking the US back from big
      oil,<br> big money, and the abusers of Mother Earth.<br>
      FORTUNE BUILT ON BACKS OF POOR<br> Arlington Texas poor
      had their land seized<br> to build Rangers stadium...
      were taxed at l/2<br> per cent to build stadium.. and
      then watched<br> as Gov Bush took the 14 million in
      profit <br><br> If you were in the Gulf during Desert
      Storm,<br> Cheney and Pres. Bush, Schwarzkopf, McCaffrey<br>
      and Powell (conflict of interest.. his son<br> on the
      FCC board while he himself is on<br> Time Warner
      board).. gassed 150,000 of you<br> with saran nerve gas
      according to the book<br> GASSED IN THE GULF by Patrick
      Eddington, 20<br> year CIA employee. If you were in
      Desert<br> Storm you worked 24 7 for 2.50 an hour, while<br>
      billionaires and Halliburton and big oil of<br> Texas and the
      Mideast took the profit <br><br> HMO's: Republican plan
      gives 34 billion extra<br> dollars to HMO's<br>
      INTEREST ON NATIONAL DEBT: Republican plan keeps<br> your
      tax dollars going to billionaire bankers<br> for
      interest on the national debt.<br> FROGSHOOTING: According
      to the international<br> magazine Animal People, Gov
      Bush had frog<br> shooting parties at his ranch <br>
      (Proverbs: The wise have concern for beasts)<br><br>
    • debolynn1953
      Message 136 of 136 , Dec 20, 2001
        I just found the Wesleyan site and am so excited
        about it. I am of the Wesleyan faith, though have not
        been that way all my life. To find a group on the
        internet of the same belief is exciting to me. I can't
        wait to tell may daughter who is Wesleyan also. We
        merged to churches in town and became First Church, then
        we outgrew sanctuary (PTL)and broke to two services.
        Our numbers fell but we are now on the upswing and
        when combining two services we serve about 300 people.
        To see God at work is the most exciting thing to me.
        Thanks for creating this club. Deb