Hambone from Sue

  • speedy1957
    Message 1 of 136 , May 20, 2001
      57 Sunday p.m., <br>and 21 at the mid-week
      wedding) <br>2. A spring revival was held in the Haitian
      Church during the week <br>following Easter. It was well
      attended (averaged 79) and a true spiritual <br>"lift" to
      the church. The teaching of holiness was, and still
      is, a major <br>emphasis. We know that "ground" was
      taken for the Lord because the enemy is <br>working to
      take back some territory. We continue to claim
      victories in the <br>powerful name of Jesus. <br>3. A
      beautiful marriage took place on the Saturday evening
      before the <br>revival. We praise God for this precious
      family. They have five lovely <br>children. (Pray for the
      husband to remain true to his vows.) <br>4. Nancy Thurber
      was able to take several of the Kids Club members to
      young people are <br>children of Haitian and American
      parents. There are sometimes not sure where <br>they fit
      Mary Ruth Madsen shares: Each individual within our
      Haitian youth <br>group is in need of prayer. Underneath
      their often-silly exterior is a very <br>serious side.
      They have many on-going things in their lives, for
      which they <br>are very concerned. Realizing the power
      and love of God, they value our <br>counsel and
      prayers and call upon us to remember them. . <br>2. The
      local church annual conference is scheduled for the
      last Sunday <br>night in May. This meeting is very
      important as elections take place <br>regarding the Haitian
      church leadership. Please pray for wisdom and the Lord
      reports, etcetera, needing to <br>be done to prepare for
      it. <br>3. Pray for our "former" women's adult Sunday
      School class teacher. Even <br>though she was a single
      parent, this godly young lady is a talented and
      involved with <br>a young man outside of wedlock, greatly
      injuring her testimony and forcing <br>her to step down
      from her teaching position in the church. Prayer is
      needed <br>to give God's wisdom in counseling while
      dealing with this very sensitive <br>situation.
      the privilege of speaking in two near-by
      Lord as these <br>churches have been involved in the
      ministries here and recognize a mission <br>field right "in
      their own backyard." <br><br>IV. PRESENT PROJECTS:
      Schott is continuing. <br>Tutoring of the children will
      continue through the summer months to prepare <br>them for
      the coming school year. <br><br>V. FUTURE PROSPECTS:
      "what to do this <br>summer" ahead. <br>Two of our
      precious young people: Beverly and Alix are graduating.
      They are <br>looking forward to college or the
      military. Pray for the Lord's guidance for <br>each of
      them. <br>Sue Martin, Field Coordinator
    • debolynn1953
      Message 136 of 136 , Dec 20, 2001
        I just found the Wesleyan site and am so excited
        about it. I am of the Wesleyan faith, though have not
        been that way all my life. To find a group on the
        internet of the same belief is exciting to me. I can't
        wait to tell may daughter who is Wesleyan also. We
        merged to churches in town and became First Church, then
        we outgrew sanctuary (PTL)and broke to two services.
        Our numbers fell but we are now on the upswing and
        when combining two services we serve about 300 people.
        To see God at work is the most exciting thing to me.
        Thanks for creating this club. Deb