March Wente Work Weekend

  • mctacos
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2010
      Next weekend, February 12th through 14th, it's our next Wente Work Weekend. We are going to keep going with the new campsite, putting up the flagpole, attaching the rest of the waterline pieces, and putting the roof on the washstand. We may continue with the gateway installation as well. Down at the new admin building we are going to be building shelves and moving in, bringing the stuff back from the Handicraft storage. Right outside we will be putting a roof on the new Dining Hall washstand and installing all the paper product holders in the new bathrooms.

      Last month up at the new campsite, Dimond W, we got the tent platforms and fire pit in, dug the form for the washstand and the trench for the water to get to it, and put up the bulletin board and the beginnings to the gateway. The mountain bike group got a whole lot of work done on their trails and then Kevin did some late night trenching in their program area to get water out to the pump track. A few more picnic tables were put together, but we were kept so busy with other projects we did not have much time for those. I think it was the highest attended work weekend that I can remember with about forty people total.

      If you want to come to the work weekend, let us know.

      See you at Wente,
      Daniel Washburn

      3/12-3/14 March Work Weekend
      4/23-4/25 April Work Weekend
      5/21-5/23 May Work Weekend & OA Ordeal
      5/28-5/31 Memorial Day Weekend Family Vacation Camp
      http://www.wente.org/Calendar/Calendar.html