February Wente Weekend

  • mctacos
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2010
      This weekend, February 12th through 15th, it's our next Wente Work Weekend. We are going to continue work on the new campsite, leveling the tent platforms, digging the form for the washstand, finishing the fire pit, putting in the water line, and building a gateway. If the weather is bad we will work on the bulletin board and wash stand in the warehouse as well as continuing picnic tables and building benches and shelves for the admin building. We will also be putting in the water and electrical connecting the admin building to the dining hall. There may be even more exciting projects we don't know about as the new admin building changes every day.
      A big project for the weekend will be mountain biking stuff. Trails and program area items, I am not sure exactly what is to be done, but I know there will be a big group working on it, so come join in.

      Last month we repaired the rope fence in front of admin and landscaped the Redwoods in the Redwood Grove to make it look better and to make the lake more visible. Then we built a big fire with the branches and rejoiced. We worked on the attic to the new trading post and shingled the roof over the new bathrooms in the dining hall. When it started storming we worked on picnic tables and patched some tents.

      If you are interested in coming to the work weekend, email back and let us know. Also, if you need a ride we can try to help find you one.

      See you at Wente,
      Daniel Washburn

      2/12-2/15 February Work Weekend
      2/27 staff interviews at YLTC in San Leandro
      3/12-3/14 March Work Weekend
      4/23-4/25 April Work Weekend
      http://www.wente.org/Calendar/Calendar.html
    • John McBeth
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2010
        Daniel: We (Troop 200 in Lafayette) are focused on coming up for the April work weekend. I'll let you know how many when that date approaches. John McBeth