December Wente Newsletter

  • mctacos
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2009
      Next weekend is the December Wente Work Weekend. From the 18th to the 20th we will be focusing on putting together a new camp site. We may get sidetracked with the picnic tables, recycle boxes, and gathering spars that we didn't get to last month, but I don't think so. The mountain bike dudes will be up again working on mountain bike stuff like trail maintenance and, uhÂ… looking good in lycra. I don't really know what they do, but they seem to have fun doing it, so join in with them as well.

      Last month the bike guys and a big group from Troop 363 created a large chunk of trail in the area roughly between Archery and the Corral. We also did some sanding and preparation of the lodge for the winter. Thank you to those that were there.

      Oh yeah, who wants to work at Wente next summer? Get your applications at:
      www.wente.org/forms/CAMP_STAFF.pdf
      Fill `em out and get them in to the office, then come January call in to set up an interview time. Address and phone number is on the bottom of the application. Even if you were on staff last year or the last five years you still need to do this. Last year we had people asking us a few weeks before camp why they weren't hired and the answer was because they never applied. Don't let it happen to you. Tentative interview dates below. And let everyone in your Troop that you feel is qualified know about this too.

      If you are interested in coming to the work weekend, email back and let us know.

      See you at Wente,
      Daniel Washburn

      12/18-12/20 December Work Weekend
      1/15-1/18 January Work Weekend