October Wente Work Party

  • mctacos
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3 5:01 PM
      Sorry about the short notice. When I was sending out emails I forgot the Yahoo group, remembered that I forgot it, and then forgot that I remembered. Now I have remembered again.

      Our first off-season Wente work weekend is coming up in one week from October 9th to 11th. We have a number of projects planned for the weekend. If you are a biking fan we will be starting a new 2.5 mile trail with work on Saturday and riding on Sunday. If you are not the trail building type, then we have also got some tents to take down, picnic tables to repair, and recycle boxes to build from the recycled wood from the admin building. While there you can gaze upon the area in which the admin building used to be and whatever progress has been made on the new one.

      If you are coming let us know so we can plan the food accordingly. We will feed you all Saturday and Sunday's breakfast, so grab something on the way up for Friday night. If you want to invite your Troop or Crew to come up and help too, you can. We wont be able to feed a whole Unit, but if they are helping with a work weekend, they get to camp for free and will have some free time.

      If you can't make it this time, you can find the dates for the rest of the work weekends and other Wentastic events here:
      http://www.wente.org/Calendar/Calendar.html

      see you at Wente

      10/9-10/11 October Work Weekend
      11/13-11/15 November Work Weekend