February Wente Work Weekend

  • Barry McTacos
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2009
      If you or someone in your Troop is interested in working on camp staff
      yet and has not signed up for a staff interview yet, you will want to
      do that soon. The first opportunity to interview is this Saturday,
      February 7th at the Youth Leader Training Center in San Leandro. To
      schedule a time call the scout office at (510) 577-9000. If you can't
      come this weekend you will have another opportunity March 14th at the
      same place or at the next work weekend up at Wente.

      Speaking of which, this month's work weekend will be Friday the 13th
      to the 16th. We are going to hope for a burn day so we can finish
      burning down the old Madrone shower house and once again light the
      lake on fire in an attempt to control the tules. We also have some
      bunkbEds to complete and stain and more stuff to do on the Waterfront
      tower. More importantly, we will be celebrating Wyatt's 2nd birthday.
      There might be cake.

      Last month we got the bunkbEds mostly together and did some trail work
      and maintenance around the Nature area.

      If you are interested in coming to the work weekend, email back and
      let us know.

      See you at Wente,
      Daniel Washburn

      http://www.wente.org/forms/CAMP_STAFF.pdf
      http://www.wente.org/forms/CAMP_STAFF_CIT.pdf

      Feb 7: Staff Interviews at YLTC in San Leandro
      Feb 13 – 16: February Work Weekend
      Mar 14: Staff Interviews at YLTC in San Leandro
      Mar 27 – 29: March Work Weekend & @camp Leader's Meeting
      April 4: Leader's Meeting in San Leandro
      April 24 – 26: Tent Erection Party
      May 16 – 17: Tiger Cub Safari 1
      May 22 – 25: Family Camp
      May 30 – 31: Tiger Cub Safari 2