The Skunk: February 2007

  • Barry McTacos
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2007
      February work weekend – February 16 – 18 or 19 (Presidents Day)

      Greetings and time for another update on the goings on of Wente. This
      month our projects will be a selection from building the new Nature
      shed, putting in new water lines to The Ridge, continuing to renovate
      the Handicraft building, and there is a possibility of the demolition
      of a building many would like to see replaced. Monday is Presidents
      Day so you can stay the extra day if you would like. Again, dress
      warm, it will be cold, but probably not as cold as last time when we
      were walking on parts of the lake.

      If you plan on coming please let Jesse (jlouthai(at)bsamail(dot)org)
      or me (mctacos(at)yahoo(dot)com) know. If you need a ride we will try
      to help with that.

      At the last work weekend we dug the rest of the holes in Nature and
      put in some of the benches there. We burned a lot of old wood and
      continued work in Handicraft.

      Staff interviews will continue this weekend, Saturday the 10th at the
      YLTC in San Leandro. The following Thursday afternoon in Arcata will
      be another set and at the work weekend at Wente will be the final set
      of interviews. Even if you have been on staff before you should come
      to an interview if you are interested in returning.

      See you at Wente,
      Daniel Washburn

      Here is a calendar of upcoming Wente related events:
      Feb 16 – 18(19 optional) February work weekend
      March 9 – 11 March work weekend
      April 13 – 15 April work weekend
      April 20 – 22 Spring Ordeal
      May 11 – 13 May work weekend