April Wente Newsletter

  • Barry McTacos
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 11:50 PM
      Erection Party, Woo! – April 11-13
      The most exciting sounding event of the year is almost here! If you
      enjoy erecting all the tents in camp as much as I do, you won't want
      to miss this weekend of fun. Putting up all the tents doesn't take as
      long as you might think, as long as there is a group doing it, so we
      need your help. We already have a higher than normal number of people
      committed to coming, so you are guaranteed it won't be just five
      people doing the whole camp again. Once we finish the tents we will
      continue on the waterfront, and depending on the time, there might be
      a chance of more tule removal. If you would like to come, but don't
      have a ride, let us know and we will see what we can do.

      Last month we did a lot of little things around camp that were not too
      exciting, except for some shelving in the warehouse. While we were
      there they were rerouting the road between Handicraft and Sky High to
      make room for the new shower house.

      Since the Pre-Camp Leader's Meeting we have had a few new members, so
      here is a reminder that the weekend don't cost you anything and we
      will feed you starting with Saturday breakfast. Just let us know you
      are coming(dwashburn@...). It is through these
      work weekend that a lot of the camp improvement projects get done, and
      it is done by volunteers like you. So come volunteer. Volunteer the
      other adults in your Troop too. Why not even volunteer some of your
      older Scouts or leaders who have drifted away and become les active.
      Feel free to ask questions about anything camp related on this forum.
      For pictures of some of the projects we have worked on so far go to:
      http://www.wentescoutreservation.org/WhoAreWe/WWPic.html

      See you at Wente,
      Daniel Washburn

      Apr 11-13 Tent Erection Party