Febuary Wente Work Weekend

  • Barry McTacos
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2008
      February Work Weekend -- Feb 15-18
      Your last two chances to come to the scheduled staff interviews are
      this weekend and next weekend. This Saturday the 9th is at the
      council office in San Leandro. To sign up for an interview call Jesse
      at 510-577-9214. You can also interview at Wente at the work weekend
      Feb. 15-18. Application link:
      http://www.wentescoutreservation.org/forms/2008CAMP_STAFF.pdf

      To the work weekend. Last month we sanded all the benches we made the
      month before and stained many of them. We stripped the bark off of
      some logs and jumped up and down on bumpy areas of ground to flatten
      them out while they were still soft. We also made dust angels in all
      the sawdust in the dining hall. Pictures here:
      http://www.wentescoutreservation.org/WhoAreWe/WWPic.html

      This month we are going to finish staining the benches and put a
      coating of something else that I can't remember what is on at least
      the benches we stained last month, continue doing stuff at the
      waterfront, and eat more danishes.
      Possibly more importantly, Saturday night we will be celebrating
      Wyatts first birthday. There will be cake and ice cream (I have not
      yet been updated as to the flavor of cake), and many special guests
      have been lined up for the event such as his grandparents, Cort
      Daggett & entourage, and Uncle Travis. With this being the start of
      President's Week the possibility of staying until Monday is there.
      Let us know if you are coming.

      Feb 9 Interviews at YLTC, San Leandro
      Feb 15-18 Feb Work Weekend with interviews
      Mar 7-9 March Work Weekend
      Apr 11-13 April Tent Weekend
      May 2-4 May Work Weekend