WTC poll results

  • Dani AndrĂ©s
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Thanks to all,
      summing up all answers from the groups where this little poll was posted,
      the results so far are:
      book I:
      C minor - 5 votes
      C# minor - 3
      Db major - 1
      E major - 1
      F minor - 2
      F# major - 2
      F# minor - 1
      Ab major - 1
      B minor - 1
      book II:
      D minor - 1
      Eb major - 2
      E major - 1
      G minor - 3
      Ab major - 2
      Bb minor - 1
      B major - 1
      C minor (book I) and G minor (book II) are therefore the most appreciated.
      Fugues in minor keys got 17 votes (61%) while fugues in major ones received
      11 (39%). Is beauty more easily found in music in minor keys...?
      Well, since the number of answers is low we shouldn't extract any clear or
      remarkable general preference, but it probably might give a first glance to
      what the average taste would be. Interesting!
      Dani

      --
      'Want of love is a degree of callousness; for love is the perfection of
      consciousness. We do not love because we do not comprehend, or rather we do