wire fluxless welding

  • j5wv280
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2012
      Hello All,

      Although I have used a stick welder for some time now, I am a complete newbe when using a wire fed fluxless welder. I have been told that E71T-GS fluxless welding wire should be used with DC only. Can it be used with AC? What are the advantages of using DC over AC with this wire?

      Thank you,

      --jeff
    • Cindy
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
        I'm not aware of a wire welder that runs on AC.  I thought all wire ran on DC.  Flux or no flux determines whether or not it runs DC- or DC+ (I always have to look it up to be sure).  Polarity MUST be correct or you will make a royal mess!
        James

        On 11/23/2012 3:30 PM, j5wv280 wrote:

        Hello All,

        Although I have used a stick welder for some time now, I am a complete newbe when using a wire fed fluxless welder. I have been told that E71T-GS fluxless welding wire should be used with DC only. Can it be used with AC? What are the advantages of using DC over AC with this wire?

        Thank you,

        --jeff

        No virus found in this message.

      • Gábor
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012
          I don't think it could be used with AC. Or, if it's possible you get more spatter, less penetration, not enough calm arc properties. Because at AC in every period the arc has to be reignited at the current zero crossing.
          Gabor