Re: Multiplaz

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 27, 2012
      http://www.multiplaz.com/specifications says it MultiPlaz 3500 requires 2Kw running on 110V. That is 20 100-watt light bulbs. Their videos show how to use it. The cost is $1995 and there's a U.S. dealer.
    • arthujt
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 21, 2012
        Multiplaz is another type of brown's gas welder cutting process that uses electrolytic seperation of water to combine the plasma spark to cut or weld in a inert environment utilising the hydrogen and nitrous oxide atmosphere produced by burning the alchohol/water spray against a plasma arc. The only drawback I can see is maybe using a welding mask with shop air pumped in to alleiviate oxygen depravation over long periods of weld time. I will install a file to build your own unit for under 500 bucks in the near future if anyone is interested...maybe even make this an open source project...artinvegas...

        --- In welding_group@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <doug.syler@...> wrote:

        > http://www.multiplaz.com/specifications says it MultiPlaz 3500 requires 2Kw running on 110V. That is 20 100-watt light bulbs. Their videos show how to use it. The cost is $1995 and there's a U.S. dealer.

      • bireland36
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 22, 2012
          --- In welding_group@yahoogroups.com, "arthujt" <arthujt@...> wrote:

          > Multiplaz is another type of brown's gas welder cutting process that uses electrolytic seperation of water to combine the plasma spark to cut or weld in a inert environment utilising the hydrogen and nitrous oxide atmosphere produced by burning the alchohol/water spray against a plasma arc. The only drawback I can see is maybe using a welding mask with shop air pumped in to alleiviate oxygen depravation over long periods of weld time. I will install a file to build your own unit for under 500 bucks in the near future if anyone is interested...maybe even make this an open source project...artinvegas...
          >
          > --- In welding_group@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <doug.syler@> wrote:
          > >
          > > http://www.multiplaz.com/specifications says it MultiPlaz 3500 requires 2Kw running on 110V. That is 20 100-watt light bulbs. Their videos show how to use it. The cost is $1995 and there's a U.S. dealer.

          Very much interested. Still interested to hear from anybody that has actually used the MultiPlaz 3500 unit.
        • Kincy Harris
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
            Interested in building my own?? Me too.