Re: Arc welder OK for motorcycle frames?

  • jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2004
      it all depends on your welding skill, you have to trust your welds,
      it to hold you on the bike while you are riding it. I have people
      come to me because they aren't sure about there welding skill and
      have a professional do that kind of work. You don't want your welds
      breaking while you are out riding. so if you are unsure have a local
      shop do the welding and they will be held liable for any weld
      failure.
      jim
      Dimensional Fabrications Inc.

      --- In welding_group@yahoogroups.com, "sccasey" <sccasey@y...> wrote:

      > Hello, building up an old motorcycle and will need to make
      > modifications to the frame (adding brackets, tabs, reorienting a
      > couple of tubes, etc.) and was wondering if the entry-level 100
      amp
      > arc welders I've seen everywhere are suitable for these kinds of
      > jobs? Most say they can handle metal up to 3/16" -- far thicker
      than
      > the materials I'd be joining. Thanks in advance for any
      help/advice.