Re: learning to weld

  • larryscomputer
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2009
      years ago when i started welding i bought an old craftsman for fifty dollars, the welds were horrible with flux core wire but when i changed the wire and ran gas it made a huge difference. also when you go from welding with flux core to gas or vise versa remember you need to change the polarity on the welder or you welds will be horrible.
    • Michael
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2009
        Well, as I sit here blushing, it was a polarity thing. That and a bit too lower a power setting.

        Amazing what such little things do to change the outcome.

        Note: Read the instructions...

        Thanks

        Michael