what am i doing wrong ? horizontal with 6011

  • ragno_808
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2009
      Hello, I been recently practicing welding in the horizontal position
      with 6011 sticks. There is no undercut on the weld beads, or heavy
      sagging on the bottom, but the beads look too flat in my opinion. What
      mistake am I making here ? moveing to fast ? too much heat ?

      Thanks
    • lynn_b_nutz
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2009
        Reducing the amps a bit will tend to make the bead a little taller.
        Try lowering the amps by, say, five percent, and see what happens.

        Hope this helps,

        Lynn B.