plasma cutter help

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2007
      I am looking for a simple software package to drive a table plasma
      cutter. The one our school uses is cumbersome for even simple
      projects. Any suggestions out there?

      Thanks, Wads
    • Rich

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
          The plasmacam software is just about the easiest software out there.  You can import or make drawings right in the software which is basically a CAD program and then just click a button and convert the image to cut paths automatically and then have the machine cut out the image.  The Pcam software will also operate other CNC plasmas and the best part is you only need one piece of software not two like all the other machines......  CAD and CAM in one package and simple to use.
          John Marcella
          Rocky Mountain Metalworks
        • Bill Slette
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
            I have BobCad and am having problems saving files from Corel Draw to BobCad and then opening them up. Any suggestions?
            Bill

          • Bill Slette
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 7, 2007
              I have BobCad and it is very simple to turn images into tool paths, but you will need Corel Draw to create or scan the image, save it as a DWG and then save into BobCad. Cost about $2000.00 for the Cad package and more for Corel Draw.

              Need Mail bonding?
            • Jerry Smith
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 7, 2007
                You can get some of these software package cheaper if
                you take a class a certain public universities. But it
                will still be about $800.00

                Jerry