Ironworker

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2006
      I've been looking at Ironworker Presses. There appears to be quite a
      wide selection. Does anyone out there know of a 30 to 40 ton that will
      run on single phase current. I would like to purchase a used one,
      preferrably in the midwest somewhere.
    • Jerry Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2006
        Ray,

        What are you going to be doing with this press? 30 to
        40 ton, you may have to rewire it.

        Jerry
        --- Ray <rswank@...> wrote:

        > I've been looking at Ironworker Presses. There
        > appears to be quite a
        > wide selection. Does anyone out there know of a 30
        > to 40 ton that will
        > run on single phase current. I would like to
        > purchase a used one,
        > preferrably in the midwest somewhere.

        Have a burning question?
      • Frank Trozzo
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2006
          The 50 ton Edwards model shows a 5 hp sigle phase motor on the southern
          tool website.

          http://www.southern-tool.com/store/edwards_50t_ironworker.html

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2006

            I’ll primarily be working with ¼” angle and bar stock. I believe there are single phase units out there that will work.

            --- Ray <rswank@ligtel. com> wrote:

            > I've been looking at Ironworker Presses. There
            > appears to be quite a
            > wide selection. Does anyone out there know of a 30
            > to 40 ton that will
            > run on single phase current. I would like to
            > purchase a used one,
            > preferrably in the midwest somewhere.

            Have a burning question?
            Go to www.Answers. yahoo.com and get answers from real people who know.

          • Ray
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 9, 2006

              Those are nice machines, but I really would like to have a used one. I’m retired, and won’t be doing production.