BrayBeast victim?: Teenager Found Dead In Walworth County Ravine

  • Hoodoo
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
      I don't mean to make light of this teen's death, but, with a
      shroud of mystery regarding the cause of it, anything may be
      possible.

      - - -

      Teenager Found Dead In Walworth County Ravine

      Wed Nov 30
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/wisn/20051130/lo_wisn/3091893

      Walworth County investigators are trying to figure out how a
      teenager found in a ravine on Thanksgiving died.

      Two people walking near the Tombeau Lake channel outlet spotted
      the body of 17-year-old Thomas Sterling.

      Tombeau Lake is in eastern Walworth County near the Kenosha
      County border.

      Police told 12 News they believe the Wilmot High School student
      died after attending a party the night before.

      Tuesday, Sterling's friends visited a memorial along the water's
      edge.

      "He was here. He's not going to be here tomorrow, that's what we
      all have to deal with," one girl said.

      What makes matters worse for Sterling's classmates is not knowing
      how he died, 12 News reporter Chloe Morroni said.

      "I don't know if he suffered. I don't know anything. That's
      probably one of the hardest parts," Brittani Volbrecht said.

      Sterling's friends said until the mystery is solved, they can't
      begin to heal.

      Investigators said they don't believe he was murdered.

      They are waiting for toxicology results to determine how he died.
    • Roll, Todd
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
        Hmm...leaving a party and died near water. If this were in La Crosse it
        would be a serial killer.

        Todd Roll

        ________________________________

[...]

        Escape the Mundane!
        Read Weird Wisconsin!
        http://www.weird-wi.com/

      • Linda S. Godfrey
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hi Hoodoo,
          My question would be, if no cause of death can be seen on the teen, how
          would a Manwolf have killed him? Frightened him to death? Possibly. But here
          is something more interesting. That region has an old legend about a man who
          died in the woods in settlers days and supposedly still haunts the area, and
          I have interviewed one old hunter who really was almost frightened to death
          by it. I can't tell much more because it's going into a ghost story
          anthology Barnes & Noble is publishing, but I will say there are more things
          around here than just the Beast of Bray Road.
          Besides, we know from the Beast of Bray Road DVD that nothing is left of its
          victims but a few indigestible thigh bones, and sometimes the head. ;-)

          Linda G.

          > From: Hoodoo <hoodoo@...>
          > Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 02:17:46 -0600
          > To: Weird Wisconsin <weirdwi@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: [weirdwi] BrayBeast victim?: Teenager Found Dead In Walworth County
          > Ravine
          >
          > I don't mean to make light of this teen's death, but, with a
          > shroud of mystery regarding the cause of it, anything may be
          > possible.
          >
          > - - -
          >
          > Teenager Found Dead In Walworth County Ravine
          >
          > Wed Nov 30
          > http://news.yahoo.com/s/wisn/20051130/lo_wisn/3091893
          >
          > Walworth County investigators are trying to figure out how a
          > teenager found in a ravine on Thanksgiving died.
          >
          > Two people walking near the Tombeau Lake channel outlet spotted
          > the body of 17-year-old Thomas Sterling.
          >
          > Tombeau Lake is in eastern Walworth County near the Kenosha
          > County border.
          >
          > Police told 12 News they believe the Wilmot High School student
          > died after attending a party the night before.
          >
          > Tuesday, Sterling's friends visited a memorial along the water's
          > edge.
          >
          > "He was here. He's not going to be here tomorrow, that's what we
          > all have to deal with," one girl said.
          >
          > What makes matters worse for Sterling's classmates is not knowing
          > how he died, 12 News reporter Chloe Morroni said.
          >
          > "I don't know if he suffered. I don't know anything. That's
          > probably one of the hardest parts," Brittani Volbrecht said.
          >
          > Sterling's friends said until the mystery is solved, they can't
          > begin to heal.
          >
          > Investigators said they don't believe he was murdered.
          >
          > They are waiting for toxicology results to determine how he died.

        • Micah DarkFyre
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
            Best to just reserve judgement until the details are given...

            Hoodoo <hoodoo@...> wrote: I don't mean to make light of this teen's death, but, with a
[...]

            ---------------------------------

          • Hoodoo
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
              "anything may be possible" doesn't seem judgmental to me.

              Was I being politically incorrect, as the term goes?

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
                What does politically correct have to do with anything...

                <shakes head>

                You shouldn't read so much into a simple statement...

                guardianargreg@..., wrote:

                > Best to just reserve judgement until the details are given...
                >
                > Hoodoo <hoodoo@...> wrote: I don't mean to make light of
                > this teen's death, but, with a shroud of mystery regarding the
                > cause of it, anything may be possible.

                Escape the Mundane!
                Read Weird Wisconsin!
                http://www.weird-wi.com/

                Alternative investment Alternative investment strategy Alternative medicine Alternative investment manager Alternative investment management Alternative investment product

                ---------------------------------

              • Kim Poeppey-Del Rio
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Seems to me, if the cause of death was not apparent, then the likly hood of
                  having been mauled to death by "The Beast" was 0....
                  Kim
                  > "anything may be possible" doesn't seem judgmental to me.
                  >
                  > Was I being politically incorrect, as the term goes?
                  >

                  > On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:44:11 -0800 (PST), Micah DarkFyre,
                  > guardianargreg@..., wrote:
                  >
                  >> Best to just reserve judgement until the details are given...
                  >>
                  >> Hoodoo <hoodoo@...> wrote: I don't mean to make light of
                  >> this teen's death, but, with a shroud of mystery regarding the
                  >> cause of it, anything may be possible.
                  >

                  > Escape the Mundane!
                  > Read Weird Wisconsin!
                  > http://www.weird-wi.com/
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Hoodoo
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
                    You should consider your own words, "You shouldn't read so much into
                    a simple statement...", regarding my initial comment of, "I don't mean
                    to make light of this teen's death, but, with a shroud of mystery
                    regarding the cause of it, anything may be possible.", before stating,
                    "Best to just reserve judgement", which in itself implies untoward
                    judgement of or by someone else.

                    And, because you obviously failed to discern the implication of my
                    "anything may be possible" comment, it was in reference to the
                    possibility of the victim encountering the Beast of Bray Road rather
                    than whatever fate you read into it.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
                      Despite whatever someone else read into my comment, that was the
                      precise intent of it. Thank you, Kim.