Northern Lights...

  • Heidi L.
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hi everyone.
      I may be ignorant in asking this question, but, what are the
      Northern Lights?
      Has it been proven what they are?
      I have always been fascinated by them, and saw them a couple times
      while up north...after thinking it was a UFO at first, hahaha, I
      realized they were the Northern Lights. So beautiful and mysterious
      looking...
      Last I read, they are just the sun reflecting off the northern
      glaciers, creating a "prism-like" effect.
      Has this proven to be true, and there is no mystery, or, is there
      more to this story to make them even more fascinating?
      If no mystery, then bummer, but they're still so beautiful!
      If they are- cool! I'll add them to my list! hahaha
      Thanks in advance!
      Heidi
    • msm00@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        You're not ignorant. I knew that solar activity had something to do
        with it, and your question made me go look up specifics. I found
        this website
        (http://virtual.finland.fi/finfo/english/aurora_borealis.html) which
        has a nice explanation and very interesting video!

        Katie

        --- In weirdwi@yahoogroups.com, "Heidi L." <psychic_heidik@y...>