Re:Halloween story and Eau Claire

  • Linda S. Godfrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi Everyone,
      There was a great ghost story on the Heaven City restaurant in Mukwonago in
      yesterday's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, featuring remarks from intrepid
      paranormal researcher (who else) Richard Hendricks, but it was in the
      Waukesha section that comes to those of us who live west of Milwaukee so not
      everyone may have seen it. It's at:

      http://www.jsonline.com/news/wauk/oct04/270099.asp

      Channel 6 news Milwaukee also did a huge feature segment on Heaven City's
      ghosts, with actors and special effects, last night on their nine pm news.
      Heaven City is a former brothel turned super-gourmet restaurant; very
      expensive but wonderful food and 1920's architecture. I've eaten there a
      number of times on special occasions but never experienced anything strange.
      Still, it has a lot of stories. The above article is very good.

      If anyone from the list made it to Eau Claire this weekend, I certainly
      thank you. The event was a huge blow-out success thanks to Chad's untiring
      publicity efforts. I don't know what the final count was, somewhere between
      300-400, and Chad and Terry's new book went like hotcakes. A bunch of people
      came in costumes which was also fun, and Noah and Kevin from
      GetGhostGear.com were a great addition too. But Chad Lewis sure knows how to
      host an event.

      Hope everyone has recuperated well from all the Halloween fun.

      Linda G.