Looking for name of psychic

  • Richard Hendricks
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 1999
      Hi All --

      A visitor to the WW website is looking for the name of a Wisconsin
      psychic who has appeared on television sometime in the past several
      years. I don't have much to go on: she's an older woman, with a heavy
      build, and helped some police officers solve a crime(s). This sounds
      like something from Unsolved Mysteries or Sightings or something like
      that.

      I've done some searching and asked around, but I haven't been able
      to come up with a name. If you have any info that I could pass on, I'd
      very much appreciate it. Feel free to reply to the list or send to me
      at my address below.

      Thanks much!

      Richard Hendricks
      Weird Wisconsin

      rdh@...
    • ESWF@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 1999
        Rita Ann Freeman is an astrologer in the GB area. I believe her site is
        www.voiceofastrology.com.

        I know there's a psychic called Chantelle (or something like that) on the
        radio sometimes as well, but don't know any other info on her.

        Love and Light,
        Cris

        When you find a good person treat them like gold. Good people are difficult
        to find and can easily be hurt by our own self-defense mechanisms.
      • DOREEN409@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 1999
          Try asking Nate at the Windows of Light bookstore in Appleton - he has alot
          of contacts. Their number is 920-738-6636. Good luck. Doreen
        • Richard Hendricks
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 1999
            Thanks to Doreen and Cris for passing along Nate's and Rita Ann Freeman's
            names. I'll pass these on to the person looking for the information.

            Cris, I checked out Rita Ann Freeman's page, as you said, at
            http://www.voiceofastrology.com/. I had no idea that she had been around for
            so long, and has been so pervasive in Wisconsin media, with long running radio
            and television programs for over 25 years! She also pens a weekly column for
            the Green Bay Press Gazette. That's the problem with being in Madison; we
            tend to isolate ourselves from the rest of the world as we continuously gaze at
            our own navels ...

            Jim, thanks for your comments. The antique dealer actually had several
            more stories, ranging from UFO sightings to ghost sightings to other hinted-at
            things. She was also inebriated at the time -- it was a tough day for her --
            so I'm not sure how much of her story to attribute to alcohol loosening her
            tongue or whether it was more alcohol supplying the inspiration. Regardless, I
            left her one of my business cards and asked her to contact me if she felt like
            talking more. I haven't heard from her since. Still, I bought several old
            books and magazines at that time, most of which she had owned. We had similar
            interests, and some of her material had loose Wisconsin connections, which I
            was happy to find. Maybe I'll hear from her one day.

            It's quite true that there are many more stories out there than ever get
            reported. People, even friends and relatives, those we hope would be most
            sympathethic toward us, often laugh at us when we tell of our strange
            encounters. Telling them to strangers brings on even worse, with derision and
            sometimes even violence the result. Probably for every story that gets told,
            another ten -- or more -- does not. Then, there are the outright hoaxers,
            people who are trying to put one over on you for whatever reason. Sometimes
            it's to get attention, sometimes it's to get their names in the paper (or on
            the web), and others tell stories because their brains are wired a little
            different from the rest of us. Because of the website, we get several email
            letters a week; some from people asking for information, as with the woman
            looking for the psychic, others telling us of their own encounters with
            weirdness. It's always tough to say how much credence some stories should be
            given, but I'm always glad to hear the stories. I'll send email back and
            forth, or Todd'll call them on the phone. If the story holds up, we'll try to
            pay a personal visit, as time allows.

            I'm a little disappointed in one. I had been corresponding for some time
            with a man from Peoria, Illinois, who was telling me of his many sightings of
            bigfoot creatures while he was out fishing. He'd even leave fish for the
            bigfoot, who'd eat them after the man left for home. Last I heard from him,
            something like five months ago, he was going to try to get a picture of one of
            the bigfeet for me. He was anxious to have me come down to look around. I'm
            hoping he's still ok.

            In the near future I hope to be putting up stories on our site sent in from
            readers. I've got permission to post a few, and for a few others I have to get
            permission yet. Most are ghost stories, but there's the odd werewolf-wrasslin'
            tale tossed in here and there.

            Richard Hendricks
            Weird Wisconsin