Re: Spirit Visit?

  • Todd Roll
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      Sounds like a crisis apparition. In times of great crisis, death,
      accident, an image of a person can appear to a loved one. Theroies as to
      why this happens include the spirit of the person in crisis visiting a
      loved one, or a telepathic link between the two.

      Todd Roll
      Wausau Paranormal Research Society
      Wausau, WI

      On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, That Goddess Chick wrote:

      > Tonight John came in and told me something that had been bothering
      > him and he gave me permission to relate it to you. He cannot
      > remember which night it was...either Thursday or Friday night that he
      > awakened while sleeping on the couch and saw a vague image on the
      > other side of the room. He said that it was not one of those fleeting
      > glances you get...like the black cats you see, but it remained in
      > place until he told it to "go away." He described the image as female
      > although he said it was swirled in something like black cloth and no
      > features were able to be seen. He was very sure the figure was female
      > despite this. At the time he did not connect this image with his aunt
      > as this old house has yielded its fair share of mysteries. He said
      > the thing that made this different however was the fact that it was
      > not an out of the corner of your eye vision, it was something that
      > remained in place. He now believes it was Sis, either asking him for
      > help on the night before she was found, or on the night she died,
      > coming to tell him she was now with his father.
      > --
      >

      > Fel
      > http://my.athenet.net/~felinda
      > Weird Page: http://my.athenet.net/~felinda/WeirdPage.html
      > Cafe Forteana: http://members.dencity.com/Felinda/CafeForteana.html
      >

      > Escape the Mundane!
      > Read Weird Wisconsin!
      > http://www.weird-wi.com/

    • Richard D. Hendricks
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2002
        Thanks, Fel, for sharing this story. The more people I talk to
        about this stuff, I find it happens far more often than people imagine.
        At one of my Madison talks last December, an older man in the audience
        told the story about a young female neighbor who lived in his apartment
        building. They were fairly close; saw each other often. They had a
        good friendship. She died suddenly in an accident. He saw her around
        the same time as her death, looking as natural as ever, but he didn't
        realize she was dying (or dead) elsewhere until he learned about her
        death a few days later.

        As Todd said: a crisis apparition.

        RDH

        That Goddess Chick wrote:

        > John's aunt Sis could see dead people. When we went to John's
        > grandma's funeral in January, she had seen her brother (John's
        > biological father) who passed away 48 years ago. She was an
        > extremely religious woman, and there was no question that she was
        > being honest and very serious when she would tell us about seeing
        > dead relatives.
        >
        > Sis was always very family oriented. Although she never married and
        > had a family of her own, she always made sure that her relatives kept
        > in touch with each other. Having her family around her always made
        > her eyes sparkle and you could tell she lived for that reason.
        >
        > Tomorrow is her funeral. She suffered a stroke last week and lay
        > there in her home for 2 days before the police broke in and found in.
        > John was called to the hospital on Friday morning because she was not
        > expected to live more than a couple of hours. She died that night
        > around 7:15 pm.
        >
        > Tonight John came in and told me something that had been bothering
        > him and he gave me permission to relate it to you. He cannot
        > remember which night it was...either Thursday or Friday night that he
        > awakened while sleeping on the couch and saw a vague image on the
        > other side of the room. He said that it was not one of those fleeting
        > glances you get...like the black cats you see, but it remained in
        > place until he told it to "go away." He described the image as female
        > although he said it was swirled in something like black cloth and no
        > features were able to be seen. He was very sure the figure was female
        > despite this. At the time he did not connect this image with his aunt
        > as this old house has yielded its fair share of mysteries. He said
        > the thing that made this different however was the fact that it was
        > not an out of the corner of your eye vision, it was something that
        > remained in place. He now believes it was Sis, either asking him for
        > help on the night before she was found, or on the night she died,
        > coming to tell him she was now with his father.
        > --
        >

        > Fel
        > http://my.athenet.net/~felinda
        > Weird Page: http://my.athenet.net/~felinda/WeirdPage.html
        > Cafe Forteana: http://members.dencity.com/Felinda/CafeForteana.html
        >
        > Escape the Mundane!
        > Read Weird Wisconsin!
        > http://www.weird-wi.com/

      • That Goddess Chick
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2002
          > Thanks, Fel, for sharing this story. The more people I talk to
          >about this stuff, I find it happens far more often than people imagine.
          >At one of my Madison talks last December, an older man in the audience
          >told the story about a young female neighbor who lived in his apartment
          >building. They were fairly close; saw each other often. They had a
          >good friendship. She died suddenly in an accident. He saw her around
          >the same time as her death, looking as natural as ever, but he didn't
          >realize she was dying (or dead) elsewhere until he learned about her
          >death a few days later.
          >
          > As Todd said: a crisis apparition.
          >
          > RDH

          Thanks Todd and Richard. I passed along the info to John. Oddly
          enough now, one of the cousins who was too ill to attend the funeral
          died the day of the funeral. I did not hear my usual knocks of death,
          but I really did not know the cousin. Now waiting to see if bad luck
          really comes in threes

          Fel
          morbid it seems