Re: WI on TV

  • That Goddess Chick
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2002
      >Let's not forget that the X-Files had a few episodes based in
      >Wisconsin. A UFO crashed and Scully and Mulder came here to
      >investigate. THere was at least one other episode based in Wisconsin, but
      >I can't remember what that one was about. Of course they did get one
      >thing wrong when they showed mountains in the distance of one of the
      >shots.

      oh yeah!! That one episode was filmed in Townsend. As my cottage is
      there, I recognized a few of the places, notably the town hall and
      one of the corner bars (and there are only 2 corners in Townsend).
      Little else resembled the area. I can't think of what the episode
      was about either....I was more concerned with seeing my second home
      on TV.
      --

      Fel
      http://my.athenet.net/~felinda
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 2, 2002
        speaking of saturday night live, arent there some ties to the university of whitewater and the movie "Animal House" in fact I vaugely recall that one of the cast members went to school there breifly (John Belushi?) I cant remember.
        Matthew G
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 2, 2002
          I'm not sure about the ties to "Animal House", but you
          just reminded me of a Chris Farley movie, that I can't
          seem to think of the name right now. But if I
          remember correctly, he was from Whitewater or Stevens
          Point, and the movie I am referring to could be "Tommy
          Boy". Anyway, one of his movies was filmed on The
          Marquette University Campus. This scene happens at
          the beginning of the movie, when he running to get to
          his class on time.

          TMV

          =====

          http://sports.yahoo.com
        • Linda S. Godfrey
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 2, 2002
            John Belushi did indeed attend UW-Whitewater. Animal House really was
            modeled on his fraternity experiences there. I have a friend who attended
            there at the time and remembers him well, and has spoken of it often.

            Regards,
            Linda G.
          • Jim Cobb
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 2, 2002
              If we are branching into movies, Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield had
              quite a bit of footage filmed on the UW-Madison campus. There was also a
              movie filmed at Old World Wisconsin about 11-12 years ago. I can't
              remember anything about it other than that.

              JC
            • Jim Aho
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 2, 2002
                > If we are branching into movies, Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield
                had
                > quite a bit of footage filmed on the UW-Madison campus.
                ---
                And, of course, the movie Major League was filmed in old County Stadium in
                Milwaukee.
                Jim A.
                Visit Wisconsin's UFO Reporting Center:
                UFOWisconsin - http://www.ufowisconsin.com

                "The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind
                you have to convince." - Vince Lombardi