Re: [weirdwi] WI_Area woman believes cougar attacked her horses

  • bandk chorus.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2012
      WE should be able to make room in Wisconsin for our wolves and Cougars out
      there.

      Putting in correct measures like lights, motion alarms and radios, etc.
      will keep them away from our farmers' horses and livestock.

      FOR GOD'S SAKE---leave these rare animals alone!! They deserve to live
      too!!

      Kirk

    • dash
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2012
        Wolves and coyotes pack up (and they will sometimes pack up together) and stalk victims. For the most part whenever possible, I do agree, let them alone.

        However, I have talked to farmers and a family member. Wolves in your driveway a few feet from your door between you and your 3 year old child, with wolves hovering across the driveway makes me agree with the hunting of them. Coyotes also pack but are known to come right into areas and pluck a child or animal.

        Farmers report wolves running cows and horses. These reports and those of wolves killing dogs has been on the radar for a quite a few years and the wolves have increased in population. Since they were brought in by the DNR they need to be controlled by the DNR.

        Down the road from us, within about a 3 city block walk, our neighbors lost their family dog to coyotes the other night. I saw a huge gray wolf a few city blocks down the road from us and we hear then at night howling and yhipping. There are a lot of them.

        Cougars are the least menace I believe. They hunt alone, mostly eat deer and rabbits and such and pretty much leave humans alone. dash