Woman reports self as drunk driver

  • Kettle Moraine Paranormal Investigations
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2009
      Somehow...in Wisconsin...I'm not suprised anymore...taken from the AP news on yahoo:

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091102/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_drunk_driver911;_ylt=AlExyIkAGxrYje8Gg5Eriq3tiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJuN2M0ZG1tBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMTAyL3VzX29kZF9kcnVua19kcml2ZXI5MTEEY3BvcwMyBHBvcwMzBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA3dvbWFuY2FsbHM5MQ--

      NEILSVILLE, Wis. – The call came into the 911 dispatcher: "I don't want to hurt anybody. I'm drunk." And with that, Mary Strey, 49, of Granton, reported herself as a drunken driver about three miles northeast of Neilsville in central Wisconsin.

      Clark County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Jim Backus said Monday that Strey's call on Oct. 24 led deputies to cite her for misdemeanor drunken driving with a blood-alcohol level double the legal limit to drive. She makes her first court appearance Dec. 10.

      Backus said drunken drivers reporting themselves is rare.

      In the 911 call, Strey said she wanted to report a drunken driver and the dispatcher asked if she was behind the suspect vehicle. "I am them," Strey said. She then followed the dispatcher's advice to pull over and turn on her flashers, telling him she had been "drinking all night long."
    • Jerry Leisemann
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2009
        Well, good for her.  At least she wasn't another "dead" drunk...

        Jerry"A Dandelion is only a flower adults haven't yet learned to appreciate." Prof. H. o'Dagg, Professor of Alternative Probabilities, Foundation for Creative Realities.