Pants found on street with $41,000 check - CNN.com

  • Hoodoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      Pants found on street with $41,000 check

      http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/09/03/pants.ap/index.html

      WAUKESHA, Wisconsin (AP) -- It was embarrassing enough that Mark
      Stahnke woke up in a neighbor's yard without his pants. Then he
      remembered they contained a cashier's check for $41,093, meant for his
      son, and several hundred dollars in cash.

      But he got it all back Friday, including the pants, thanks to a man and
      his dog.

      Stahnke said he doesn't know what happened between when he left the bar
      and when he woke up the next morning, and police were skeptical when he
      filed a report on Monday.

      "We're used to hearing weird stories, but with his intoxication we
      figured this one would be different, that the amount of money wouldn't
      be exact," Police Lt. William Graham said. "How do you get so
      intoxicated that you lose your pants?"

      Stahnke said he had met his son at a bar and doesn't remember much
      afterward.

      "I woke up cold not knowing where the heck I was, and I didn't realize
      it at first because I still had my shoes and socks on," he said. "When I
      got up, I realized, my God, I don't have any pants."

      Tim Curzan's dog, Joe, found the pants at an intersection, according to
      a police report. He found the cashier's check and tried twice,
      unsuccessfully, to deliver it and the cash to where he thought the owner
      lived.

      On Wednesday, the pants were still at the intersection, so Curzan took
      them to the police, who contacted Stahnke to claim his belongings.