    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2002

      > CCHR

      Cybercast News Service reported on March 4th that Scientology is
      publicizing its battle against psychiatric drugs using celebrities.

      "'Why are we pouring billions of dollars in here to label kids as mental
      disordered simply because they may not have been taught to read?' asks
      Marla Filidei, vice president of the Los Angeles-based Citizens Commission
      on Human Rights, a group affiliated with the Church of Scientology.
      Filidei counts actresses Anne Archer, Priscilla Presley and Kirsty Alley
      as allies in the fight against giving children mood or
      personality-altering prescription drugs like Prozac and Ritalin.

      "The Citizens Commission on Human Rights 'have been generally opposed to
      psychiatry for some time' because of their Scientology roots, according to
      Dr. David Fassler, M.D., of the University of Vermont. 'There's a long
      history.' When it comes to diagnosing mental illness and disorders in
      kids, 'I actually see the opposite problem, that the majority of kids who
      have problems are not being diagnosed and getting the help they need,'
      said Fassler. 'I don't think that there are incentives in the legislation,
      and I don't see schools over-diagnosing kids. Medication can be very
      helpful and even life-saving for some children,' he added. 'But in my
      opinion, medication alone is rarely an appropriate treatment for these
      kinds of child psychiatric disorders.'

      "The federal law that Filidei identifies as a major part of the problem is
      the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Since its
      inception in 1975, Congress has expanded the scope of the IDEA to include
      a broader range of disabilities, including more recent conditions like
      attention deficit disorder. The law requires schools to provide special
      education services for disabled students and sends $50 billion per year in
      federal tax dollars to help cover the extra cost. According to Filidei, of
      the 5 million plus kids who are now covered under IDEA, 3.2 million have
      what Filidei calls 'subjective learning disorders.'

      "'If no one can prove any physical abnormality within these children, you
      give them 'mathematics disorder,' 'learning disorder,' 'nonspecific
      learning disorder;' Filidei said. 'Two-point-eight million children are
      categorized under nonspecific learning disorder.'

      "Congress faces a difficult task when it takes up reauthorization of IDEA
      this year. The IDEA has been the subject of heated fights over the years
      because it has never fully funded the mandate it imposes on state and
      local governments. Sen. James Jeffords (I-Vt.) cited the lack of funding
      as one of his primary reasons for leaving the Republican Party in 2001, a
      decision that cost the GOP control of the Senate."

      CCHR has announced a new web site and the presentation of their annual
      awards.

      "Visit www.fightforkids.com. Get your video copy of CCHR International's
      33rd annual Human Rights Award Banquet. See for yourself as CCHR honors
      three amazing individuals who have helped influence legislation and media
      across the nation, leading to legislative reforms such as the Connecticut
      law that now prohibits school personnel from coercing parents into placing
      their child on psychiatric drugs. The awards were presented to an
      investigative journalist who never backed down in her quest for the truth
      about psychiatry fraudulently labeling and drugging children, a mother who
      took this issue from the classroom of her son's school to the steps of
      Congress, and a doctor who took on the psychiatric industry to save
      children's lives and authored the best selling book, No More ADHD."

      The American Psychiatric Association and the drug manufacturer Novartis
      announced this week that the last of several Scientology-led lawsuits
      against them for lying about the possible benefits of Ritalin has been
      dropped, and one case that was dismissed is on appeal.

      "The plaintiffs in a New Jersey class action lawsuit filed against
      Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD),
      the American Psychiatric Association (APA) and Novartis, the manufacturer
      of Ritalin, quietly withdrew their lawsuit on February 5, 2002. Said
      Gerald Zingone, legal counsel for CHADD. 'Judge Walsh made it clear that
      he was highly skeptical of plaintiffs' allegations of conspiracy, and he
      also expressed concern that the plaintiffs' lawsuit was hampering CHADD's
      first amendment right to speak freely concerning
      Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and its treatment.'

      "The New Jersey lawsuit was one of five class action lawsuits filed in
      2000 alleging that CHADD conspired with Novartis and the APA to improperly
      broaden the diagnostic criteria for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity
      Disorder thereby increasing Ritalin sales. Three of those lawsuits have
      now been voluntarily dismissed by the plaintiffs who filed them. The other
      two were dismissed by federal court judges after hearings on motions to
      dismiss filed by the defendants. One of those dismissals, of a case
      pending in California federal court, was appealed by the plaintiffs. The
      United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is set to hear
      argument on that appeal on March 6, 2002.

      "'The baseless claims against CHADD through these lawsuits have not for
      one minute deterred us from our mission of serving individuals with
      AD/HD,' said E. Clarke Ross, CHADD Chief Executive Officer. ' Now, more
      than ever, we stand in an even stronger position to share with the public
      the evidence-based, science-based information so central to CHADD's
      mission.'"

      > Presley / Alley

      The National Enquirer reported in its March 12th issue that Scientology
      celebrities Lisa Marie Presley and Kirstie Alley are taking Scientology
      courses to help them fine compatible mates.

      "Feeling that they're unlucky in love, Scientologists Lisa Marie Presley
      and Kirstie Alley slipped away to the Church of Scientology retreat in
      Clearwater, Fla., to take up studies that will help them find men who are
      life soul mates."

      #####

      > Denmark

      Rob Clark reported this week that a Scientologist's personal web page
      described a Danish day care center as Scientology-related, contrary to
      descriptions last week by Scientology officials.

      "'My name is Virginia Lindskog, I am 27 years old and live in Copenhagen,
      Denmark. I am a mother of two small children, Nicklas who is 2 years old
      and Patrick who is 4 years old. I have just opened a kindergarten and
      nursery for Scientology families. We are 11 children and 3 adults as well
      as 2 volunteers (children range from 1 to 5 years old). We are planning to
      move to a bigger and better quarters to be as soon as we find them. My
      whole purpose right now is to expand Lillekilde (our kindergarten) so
      there is place for all the children who want to come in and make it a safe
      and happy environment for all children to be in.'

      "The cultists have changed the page. Now it no longer mentions the
      kindergarten by name."

      Jyllands-Posten reported on March 1st that Copenhagen city officials want
      to stop official support of the school.

      "If it is up to the officials, the Copenhagen Municipal will no longer
      give State aid to the integrating of the day care centre Lillekilde in
      Valby. In a recommendation to the political board it is now certain, that
      they do not think Lillekilde can live up to the guidelines of the service
      law and that the institution is thoroughly soaked with the methods of
      Scientology.

      "The Scientology principles run all the way through the pedagogical
      lessons of the children, in the dialog with parents and in the supply of
      courses in which the staff is participating. Without State aid from the
      municipal, Lillekilde will have to close down within 3 months. Christine
      Astrupgaard, who is the mother of a child in the institution is furious.
      'If there was any doubt, that this was not about Lillekilde but about the
      prejudice of the municipal ownership, there could be no doubt any more,'
      she says.

      "Michael Rosenmark (V): 'I can hardly imagine that 20 couples of parents
      wish to send their child to an institution where something could damage
      the development of the child. As a starting-point I value the parents
      wishes more than the criticism from two pedagogical advisers,' he says.

      "Family and labour market mayor Bo Asmus Kjeldgaard (SF): 'We are in an
      awkward position, where on one side we have some parents, who like the
      place and on the other side we have a municipal ownership, who finds that
      the institution does not live up to the law. If we can reach a string of
      conditions by which we can get a guarantee, that Lillekilde will live up
      to them, then I am more positive if the institution may continue.'"

      Hamburger Morgenpost reported on March 5th and 7th that a proponent of
      Scientology's Narconon drug rehab program has been lying about his
      military career.

      "Henry C. Randmark. He dances at all the balls. And talks with a perfect
      German accent about his well-done deeds. About 'good friends,' like the
      crown prince family of Bismarck. About his executive job in
      graffiti-removal and how he scoured the Alsteranleger and the Louvre.
      About the time when, as a US colonel he led drug investigations in the
      Vietnam war. And about the medal that was bestowed upon him for that. But
      everything on his uniform that glitters is not gold. The most important
      medal he received, as 'Sir Henry' meekly commented, was given to him by
      accident at the cleaners.

      "The businessman has been president of the Hamburg Chapter of the
      'American-German Business Club' since June, 2000. What the club does is
      not exactly known very well in this city. You cannot reach it at all by
      telephone. The last heard from the AGBC was a Valentine's Day invitation
      to the US Consulate on the Alster. The theme was combating drugs and the
      rehabilitation of addicts. Speaker: Chris Brightmore, former officer from
      Scotland Yard.

      "You could have knocked over many of the 100 guests with a feather once it
      became clear that Mr. Brightmore was advertising for Narconon. That is the
      'quasi health and welfare department' of Scientology, explained Hamburg's
      sect commissioner, Ursula Caberta. Drug experts uniformly describe
      Narconon as unprofessional, dangerous and 'junk medicine.'

      "Randmark contests being a Scientologist. Although he was a guest at the
      most recent Scientology show in the Cafe Seeterrassen. Randmark makes no
      secret of his acquaintance with Interior Senator Schill. The businessman
      says he gave him financial support, as well as ideological: 'I advised in
      on the issue of combating drugs, because I have had rather good experience
      in the field,' revealed 'Sir Henry.'"

      "Medals that adorn his uniform from the good old days as an alleged US
      colonel were obviously put on there by mistake at the cleaners, he said.
      That's not the only crooked thing about Henry C. Randmark. A Pentagon
      spokesman confirmed that Randmark's uniform and decorations were entirely
      incorrect."

      "Randmark wore medals on his uniform that had never been bestowed upon
      him. Such as the Silver Star and the Purple Heart, for example. The Silver
      Star is the third highest honor awarded for bravery in the USA, and is
      presented only for heroic acts. The Purple Heart is given 'for Combat -
      Action only;' those who get it were wounded in battle. Randmark said he
      was a Colonel from 1968 to 1971 in the Special Forces in Vietnam. 'I was
      not on the front lines. I was in the drug investigation unit in Saigon.'

      "Randmark found a simple explanation, however, for the fact that the
      Silver Star appeared on the clasp for medals, 'Last year, when I brought
      the uniform to the cleaner's, I did it together with the military attache.
      Perhaps they got something mixed up. I don't know.'

      "Trendsetter Juergen Hartman stated, 'If the accusations prove true,
      Randmark is done for in Hamburg society. Those Hanseats won't let him get
      away with that.'"

      Hamburger Morgenpost reported on March 7th that Randmark has falsely
      identified himself as a Sky Marshal.

      "It was on the 11/11 Karneval flight from Palma de Mallorca to Hamburg.
      With a practiced American accent, Randmark told the flight attendants that
      he was a 'US sky marshal.' On grounds of flight security, he would have to
      have a seat forward. The stewardesses made arrangements for Randmark's
      wish. Then Randmark wanted to inspect the cockpit. The Captain refused.
      After the plane landed, the airline notified the US authorities. Response:
      'Sir Henry' was anything but a sky marshal. Randmark will be charged.

      "As President of the 'American-German Business Club,' Randmark did more
      than have speakers chat about Scientology programs; he also shamelessly
      exploited the club members. One former club member told MOPO, 'He was able
      to have the annual meeting at the Hotel Hafen Hamburg, where the Club
      could eat for free. In spite of which Randmark demanded 50 marks from each
      member to cover expenses.'"

      Rheinische Post reported on March 5th that the U.S. State Department has
      again criticized Germany in the annual human rights report for its
      treatment of Scientology.

      "In its annual report, which it published in Washington on Monday, the
      State Department was especially critical of Russia for violations of human
      rights in Chechnia, and of China, Iran and Iraq. The German judicial
      system was accused of discrimination against the Scientology organization,
      among others. In France several cases of abuse of prisoners and excessive
      use of force by the police and investigative authorities were cited."

      ######

      > WISE

      Prosperity Magazine for February 2002 reported news from the World
      Institute of Scientology Enterprises, including the opening of new
      facilities in Los Angeles and the establishment of a new Hubbard College
      in New York.

      "CUTTING THE RIBBON ON A NEW FUTURE - The New Hubbard College of
      Administration Special Grand Opening. Photos: Mrs. Peggy Hilgers,
      President of the Hubbard College of Administration and host for the Grand
      Opening. Mr. Richard G. Polanco, Senate Majority Leader of the California
      State Senate. Master Buddhist Kai Chien from Taiwan. Mr. Sky Dayton,
      founder of Earthlink. Senator (Ret.) David Roberti is presented a set of
      the Management Series Volumes by Mr. Fred Harris and Rev. Heber Jentzsch.
      Mayor Gusztav Radoczi of Gyomro, Hungary. Mr. Craig Jensen, CEO of
      Executive Software International. Mr. Don Drader, President WISE
      International presents a set of Management Series to Ms. Laurie Milam of
      KCAL-9 Television. Mr. Larry Gershman, six-time winner of the prestigious
      'Promotion of the Year' Award and former Executive Director of Ogilvy and
      Mather Worldwide.

      "Mr. Sky Dayton, founder of Earthlink the largest independent Internet
      Service provider in the United States, was the first speaker. 'By
      diligently applying Mr. Hubbard's administrative technology; from setting
      my original life goals to constructing the plans and organizations to
      achieve them, I have been able to make my dreams a reality. The Hubbard
      College will graduate and endless stream of managers and administrator who
      know the laws of organizations and how to win the game with intelligence
      and integrity. This has the potential not only to change the face of
      business and government, but also of society'

      "Mr. Craig Jensen of Executive Software International said, 'The
      administrative technology alone created such an impact in our industry
      that over 1,000 people have come to tour Executive Software just to see it
      in action. I know this technology works - I'm living proof of it. All
      people have to do is learn it and apply it.'

      "Mr. Richard G. Polanco, Senate Majority Leader of the California State
      Senate said 'I am here this evening because I know that the teaching
      principals and curriculum offered by the Hubbard College are training
      today's and tomorrow's leaders with an unprecedented record of success. I
      am profoundly moved by the works of L. Ron Hubbard and I am taking this
      knowledge back with me to the Senate to put it to work for California.'

      "Proclamations from US congressman Xavier Beccerra and California State
      Assemblyman Dario Frommer were also delivered.

      "Ms. Peggy Hilgers then invited Ms. Priscilla Presley, representing the 23
      Founding Advisory Committee members, Mr. Robert Johnson, Executive
      Director of the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools,
      State Senator Mr. Richard G. Polanco, Mayor Gusztav Radoczi and Mr. Gerald
      Peissl, Executive Director of HCA International to the stage for the
      ribbon cutting.

      "Almost 16 million people live in the greater New York area. The
      repercussions of Sept 11 have taken a widespread toll. The response from
      WISE was swift with the establishment of a new Hubbard College of
      Administration New York! An economic disaster recovery seminar entitled:
      'New York: Back in Business' was held, echoing the calls of the Mayor of
      New York and US President for New Yorkers to return to their jobs and
      become active. President of the Prosperity Corp., Harvey Schmeideke,
      arrived from Los Angeles, while WISE Regional I/C Karen Berg flew in from
      Washington DC. They immediately began preparations for the seminar which
      included an in-depth study of the local scene.

      "A location for the Hubbard College New York was secured on WEST 24th
      Street in Chelsea by WISE member Lee Hopp. Upon arriving at the new
      premises for the Hubbard College a neighbor noted: 'Oh, you're here to
      help the local businesses. We really need it.'

      "Thousands of fliers were distributed promoting the local event; call in
      carried on through the day and into the night. Local opinion leaders were
      contacted and invited. Veteran disseminator Lynn Irons arrived from
      Clearwater, with consultant Jeff Lee. Jay Spina, Harvey Schmiedeke and
      Lynn Irons did the delivery for this first seminar which was at the
      Marriott Marquis on Broadway. Feedback was excellent with public signed
      up for courses and many prospective students found.

      "As Lynn Irons put it 'There are no real barriers to dissemination, as I
      have found out by working all over the world. there is only our
      considerations, our own limits on our reach. Engaging in these fourth
      dynamic activities is a life-changing experience, guaranteed to extrovert
      you and put you in comm with your fourth dynamic and get you
      contributing.'"

      #####

      > India

      A Scientology flier is soliciting donations for expansion into India.

      "Last year, Scientology pioneers were invited to take part in one of the
      largest religious celebrations in the province of Mysore, India. The
      invitation was initiated by a very influential religious leader who after
      having viewed the Orientation film and purchasing several Scientology
      books, wanted to have Scientology disseminated to his people in India.
      Referred to as 'His Holiness,' this religious leader influences over 10
      million people in relation to their religious and secular lives. The
      result of this visit was nothing less than spectacular, with over 200,000
      Indians introduced to Scientology and over 30,000 people toured through
      the LRH Life Exhibition.

      "Through January and early February 2002, 'His Holiness' is hosting two
      religious events expected to draw half a million participants. We have
      again been invited to attend and introduce Scientology to his people. In
      attendance will be several other influential religious leaders from India,
      religious scholars, monks, officials, political representatives and
      hundreds of thousands of followers of Hinduism. In addition to seminars
      and lectures that Scientologists will be delivering, the LRH Life
      Exhibition will begin touring India on a permanent basis.

      "Our Sea Org delegation, who will be traveling to India to attend this
      events, need lots of LRH materials to present to this religious leaders
      and hundreds of thousands of attendees. With your donations to this
      project, you will be directly helping to get people into Scientology at a
      faster rate than ever and expand Scientology's reach in a country where we
      encounter no psychs or psych-drugs and where people are already on a
      higher spiritual plateau."

      #####

      > Kyrgyzstan

      The BBC reported on March 5th on the state of religious freedom in
      Kyrgyzstan.

      "There are officially 1,338 mosques in Kyrgyzstan, 43 Orthodox parishes
      and a rising number of Western Christian organizations, quoting the head
      of the State Commission on Religious Affairs, Omurzak Mamayusupov. There
      are also two nontraditional faiths active in Kyrgyzstan - the Church of
      Scientology and the followers of Rev Moon, sometimes called the Moonies.
      Mamayusupov also said that Kyrgyzstan enjoyed favourable conditions in
      terms of religious freedom.

      "From the text of the report by Kyrgyz newspaper Vecherniy Bishkek on 3
      March entitled 'There is no prophet in our fatherland:'

      "Two nontraditional faiths are also practised in the country, even though
      they are not welcomed in many other countries. They are the Church of
      Scientology and a community of Rev Moon that are operating in Bishkek
      using several public organizations as a covers."

      #####

      > Tom Padgett

      Former Scientologist Tom Padgett reported this week that the appeal of his
      conviction in Kentucky family court has been overturned.

      "The appeal of the Scientology backed felony conviction of Thomas C.
      Padgett of Massachusetts was overturned in the Kentucky Court of Appeals.
      Tom Padgett is no longer a convicted felon. The Scientologist mother who
      was the ONLY complaining witness in this criminal indictment case that
      advanced to a conviction without a jury trial, can no longer tell her
      children that their father is a convicted criminal to drown them in more
      cult thought reform efforts."

      #####

      > Slovakia

      TASR reported on March 5th that the U.S. State Department human rights
      report criticized Slovakia for its treatment of Scientology.

      "The Slovak government respected human rights in general last year, the US
      State Department says in an annual report. But although there was
      improvement in some areas, problems remained in others, says the report.
      The constitution provides for freedom of religion, and the government
      generally respects this in practice. The government monitors religious
      cults and sects, although, in general, does not interfere with them.
      However, last year the government put pressure on the Church of
      Scientology and its members, and media carried several stories criticizing
      companies with links to scientology.

      "The report also notes as a continuing problem violence and discrimination
      against women, and cites cases of child abuse and discrimination against
      disabled people. There was several anti-Semitic incidents, and ethnic
      minorities, in particular Roma, face social discrimination. Trafficking in
      women and children is also noted, especially among the Roma minority."