    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2001

      > Georgia

      Georgian news agency Iprinda reported on December 28th that the Orthodox
      Church is warning the public not to become involved in Scientology.

      "The office of the patriarch of the Georgian Orthodox Church issued a
      statement today, warning the public not to fall under the influence of the
      false doctrine of the totalitarian sect of Scientology. The sect, which
      preaches ridding the individual of 'reactive mind' and understanding the
      'power of personal cognition', has been operating in Georgia for the past
      three years and poses danger to the spiritual and physical health of the
      individual, the statement issued by the Georgian Patriarch's Office said."

      Keith Henson reported a protest at Scientology's Toronto org on December
      29th.

      "Arel, Gregg, the Unknown picketer and I put in a short picket Sat
      afternoon in spite of it being a bit nippy. As usual I was across the
      street.

      "Gregg only had one of them even say a word to him. Arel had an
      interesting conversation with a guy who claimed to be a son of the Rev.
      Leslie Grove. He said the Rev had preached against Scientology. A woman
      mentioned that she had a horror storks from former members to tell and
      Arel suggested she put them on the net.

      "The people who came by were highly supportive. I would estimate we gave
      out 150-200 flyers, which is darn good for it being that cold. The org
      called the cops again, but this time the cop who responded just drove by,
      checked out the picket from the warmth of his car, waved and drove on."

      #####

      > Mike Rinder

      The December, 2001 issue of Impact Magazine published a speech by Mike
      Rinder, the director of the Office of Special Affairs, at the annual IAS
      meeting.

      "Officials from the Moscow prosecutor's office called in so-called experts
      from the Serbski Psychiatric Institute, notorious for its treatment of
      dissidents during Soviet days. Finding nothing, they invented a claim that
      our organizations were engaged in financial fraud, taking 'creative
      accounting' to criminal extremes to create fake evidence. Then they issued
      outrageous tax assessments and opened a criminal case against the Mission
      of Moscow.

      "In March this year it all came to an end. The court declared the
      activities of our mission religious and exempt from tax, found the
      prosecutor guilty of extensive violations of criminal law, the governments
      cases were dismissed and the prosecutor was ordered to pay all our costs.

      "Within a few short years, lawyers, justice officials, city and regional
      government personnel and every high level judge in the nation will truly
      understand Scientology. Because last month, the first official course on
      Scientology, using our books as the curriculum, became part of theology
      studies in every university and all institutes of higher learning in
      Russia!

      "In Geneva, The runners from seven nations arrived at the United Nations
      Plaza on October 11. Local, national and international dignitaries joined
      us in force. More that fifty United Nations organizations and members of
      government delegations representing thirteen nations came, including the
      United States, Canada, Denmark, and Switzerland. They all pledged their
      commitment to the goals of the European Marathon for Human Rights and
      signed our petition.

      "CCHR has been touring thousands through the Death Exhibit, from doctors
      and lawyers to legislators and authors. No matter their view when they
      walk in, when they leave, they are at cause, armed with the truth and
      ready to put and end to psych abuse.

      "As we arm prosecutors with our evidence, they are having greater success
      than ever putting these criminals where they really belong. The number of
      psychs jailed this past year was 222, another highest ever. But not only
      are we putting more psychs behind bars, we are eradicating their habitat.
      In the past year alone, 489 facilities have closed their doors. That's
      more than double last year and another highest ever."

      #####

      > Reed Slatkin

      The Los Angeles Times reported on December 22nd that an investor in the
      Reed Slatkin Ponzi scheme has sued UnionBanCal and Slatkin's law firm,
      claiming they concealed that the Scientology minister was running a
      fraudulent investment club.

      "UnionBanCal Corp. and a California law firm face a suit claiming they
      conspired to conceal information from U.S. authorities investigating Reed
      Slatkin, the bankrupt investment manager who is under criminal
      investigation for alleged investment fraud.

      "The lawsuit, filed on behalf of Los Angeles investor Harry Rockoff,
      claims that the bank and Slatkin's attorneys at Bryan Cave 'conspired with
      Slatkin to facilitate the (investment) scheme' and obstruct an
      investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

      "The suit, which seeks class-action status, said the bank aided Slatkin's
      alleged Ponzi scheme by allowing him to commingle investor funds and
      extending him credit."

      #####

      > ASHO

      The mailing list of the American Saint Hill Organization promoted the use
      of E-meters in airport security.

      "This is a win from one woman using the E-Meter at an Airport Security
      Checkpoint. Upon arriving in the U.S. she had to clear it through customs
      there. She was stopped by at least 6 policemen who were standing around
      her. She was told that she could not go through and then they began asking
      her questions regarding the E-Meter.

      "She proceeded to calmly tell them what the meter was and how it worked
      and then said, 'Here, I'll show you' and began to set up the meter and put
      the first policeman on the cans. She did pinch tests on them and they saw
      the reaction on the needle. Then she asked each one what they had the most
      attention on and there was of course reactions on the meter. This blew
      them away and from it they could see how the meter worked. The Chief of
      Police in the airport came down and asked what was going on. After he
      received his demonstration, he turned around to the Scientologist and said
      that this instrument was something that they could definitely use at
      airport security.

      "Ml, Peter McCuen"