Create Your Own Yahoo Search Engine

  • William (Bill) Cohen-Kiraly
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2006
      Announcing Yahoo! Search Builder

      Look Ma, My Own Search Engine!

      It's always great to help a friend. A friend of mine who is a diver
      wanted a specialized search engine for his website focused on diving.
      At around the same time, an engineer at Yahoo! built a prototype that
      made building specialized search engines a snap. Now, whether you have
      a blog or website about diving, gaming, crafting, or anything in
      between you can create a search engine tailored for your users.

      With Yahoo! Search Builder you can create a custom Web search engine
      by selecting a set of trusted sites to search across or you can tune
      the search algorithm to the topic of your choice. Beyond Web search,
      Search Builder includes Site search and News search.

      Then generate the code you'll need to add your search engine to your
      site. You also have control over the look and feel of the search box
      and search results page. Voila! Instant search engine!

      Managing your search engine

      We've created a basic suite of tools to help you understand your
      search traffic. With the popular search module, you'll discover hot
      searches your users are interested in. With user and traffic reports,
      you'll be able to monitor the growth of your search engine.

      We look forward to your comments and feedback. Let us know what new
      features you would like us to add.

      In the meantime, check out these cool search engines on diving and
      gaming. Try searching for "caves" on the diving search engine and
      you'll find great spots for cave diving. Similarly, try "NFL" on the
      gaming search engine and you'll find the new NFL game.

      Lingxian Ding
      Yahoo! Search