Web Developer -- Job Posting

  • Jeremy P. McKay
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
      We are looking for a Web Developer. Please contact off list if
      interested.

      Also attempting to post on 405

      Date: 2006-06-27, 4:48PM PDT

      WordSmart Corporation is the world’s leader in vocabulary and general
      knowledge software, making a true difference in the lives of parents
      and children all over the country. How would you like to be part of
      our organization and be part of that difference?

      WORDSMART'S vocabulary building knowledge software is the most
      effective learning system for boosting reading comprehension, critical
      thinking, problem solving skills, and academic achievement.

      Our products work.

      We are currently looking for a motivated Web Developer to join our
      team and earn an exceptional living while working with great people!

      Qualifications:
      Associates Degree A minimum of 2 year’s web development experience (4
      years experience would be ideal). Excellent communication and
      organizational skills.

      Required Skills:
      XHTML - (Expert) - Should be able to hand code valid XHTML. Standards
      based development (XHTML 1.0 strict compliance)
      JavaScript - (Intermediate) - Ability to edit and manipulate
      JavaScript is required (form validation, etc.), DOM based scripting
      ability and hand coding preferred.
      PHP - (Advanced) - Experience in PHP development.
      Photoshop - (Intermediate) - Slicing, image manipulation and
      optimization of graphics.
      Experience with e-commerce/card software and systems.

      Preferred Proficiencies:
      Experience with Macromedia Studio (i.e. Dreamweaver, etc.)
      Experience with development in a Windows local hosting and Linux
      server environments (Apache/MySQL/PHP).
      Experience with Ajax and derivative technologies
      Any proficiency in Perl
      Any SEO (Search Engine Optimization) experience.
      Hours = Full Time (40 hours/week)
      Salary = Commensurate based on experience
      Benefits = Medical/Dental/Life & Disability, PTO and 401(k)

      If you feel that you meet our minimum qualifications, please contact
      Becky Sergi at 858-565-8068 x 343 to schedule an interview.

      WordSmart Corporation
      10025 Mesa Rim Road
      San Diego, CA 92121
      858-565-8068 x343
      www.wordsmart.com
      beckys@...

      WordSmart is an equal opportunity employer.
      • Job location is Mira Mesa
      • Compensation: $40,000 to $50,000/year
      • no -- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
      •yes -- Phone calls about this job are ok.
      • no -- Please do not contact job poster about other services,
      products or commercial interests.
      • no -- Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.

      Becky Sergi
      WordSmart Corporation
      10025 Mesa Rim Road
      San Diego, CA 92121
      858-565-8068 x 343
      858-565-8413 Fax
      www.wordsmart.com
      beckys@...
    • Sandy Peterson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
        I have some old computer hardware if you know anyone that can use it. Might
        be good for a computer school for kids that are learning hardware or
        something like that. 2-3 cases/ motherboards/processors (AMD 1gb or so),
        modem or two, vid card or two, cables, 100mb zip drive (SCSI), HDs 20-60mb,
        sound card, ethernet card, power cables, some memory, etc. Nothing a pro
        would find useful, but should be enough to piece together a machine or have
        some useful parts. No monitors.

        I won't take the time to make a detailed list. If you know anyone that might
        appreciate this, shoot me an email.

      • A Marr
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
          I am looking for a couple speakers for my mac
          powerbook. Do you happen to have something that will
          work.

          --- Sandy Peterson <speterson@...> wrote:

          > I have some old computer hardware if you know anyone
          > that can use it. Might
          > be good for a computer school for kids that are
          > learning hardware or
          > something like that. 2-3 cases/
          > motherboards/processors (AMD 1gb or so),
          > modem or two, vid card or two, cables, 100mb zip
          > drive (SCSI), HDs 20-60mb,
          > sound card, ethernet card, power cables, some
          > memory, etc. Nothing a pro
          > would find useful, but should be enough to piece
          > together a machine or have
          > some useful parts. No monitors.
          >
          > I won't take the time to make a detailed list. If
          > you know anyone that might
          > appreciate this, shoot me an email.

          > removed]

        • Andy Mansker
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
            There is at least one pair of speakers, but I don't plan to distribute parts
            and pieces. Someone needs to pick up the entire lot.

            I have some old computer hardware if you know anyone that can use it. Might
            be good for a computer school for kids that are learning hardware or
            something like that. 2-3 cases/ motherboards/processors (AMD 1gb or so),
            modem or two, vid card or two, cables, 100mb zip drive (SCSI), HDs 20-60mb,
            sound card, ethernet card, power cables, some memory, etc. Nothing a pro
            would find useful, but should be enough to piece together a machine or have
            some useful parts. No monitors.

            I won't take the time to make a detailed list. If you know anyone that might
            appreciate this, shoot me an email.

            http://WebSanDiego.org: a list for San Diego web folk of all kinds Yahoo!
            Groups Links
          • Joe Crawford
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
              On 7/2/06, Andy Mansker <andy@...> wrote:
              > There is at least one pair of speakers, but I don't plan to distribute parts
              > and pieces. Someone needs to pick up the entire lot.

              I suggest this be posted to a local branch of freecycle.

              See http://freecycle.org/ for more information about it works. It works great.

              Joe
              --
              http://joecrawford.com/
              805-857-3951
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
                Thanks, never seen that before. Have lots of other things to list.