QUESTION: What fascinates you on the internet now, and why?

  • Joe Crawford
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2002
      So, serious question:

      ***
      WHAT FASCINATES YOU ON THE INTERNET NOW, AND WHY?
      ***
      - Joe "conversation catalyst" Crawford
      http://artlung.com/
    • clstegall
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2002
        --- In websandiego@y..., Joe Crawford <joe@a...> wrote:

        > ***
        > WHAT FASCINATES YOU ON THE INTERNET NOW, AND WHY?
        > ***
        > - Joe "conversation catalyst" Crawford

        _____________________________

        I'll tell ya what is currently fascinating me...the incorporation
        of "art" into a web page. Elaborately.

        For instance, one of the guys who does this pretty well is Ryan Ford
        of Liquisoft.com. There are many others, by he was the first to pop
        into my mind.

        I like checking out DeviantArt.com, as well, to check on the
        happenings, there.

        Obviously, I am not looking at sites which maintain a 216 color
        palette, either. It is amazing what some folks are able to
        incorporate into a website interface, artistically-speaking. And, I
        am seeing it more and more. Not Flash stuff, but imagery that they
        have created in Fireworks, Photoshop, etc. And, the photographic
        entries into this area are pretty impressive as well.

        Anyone else know of such sites?

        ____________________________________
        C.L. Nicolas-Stegall
        Webmaster
        http://www.SiriusConcept.com
        http://clstegall.deviantart.com
      • P. Elias
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2002
          >So, serious question:
          >
          >***
          >WHAT FASCINATES YOU ON THE INTERNET NOW, AND WHY?
          >***

          Give me a couple weeks and I'll show you something *very* fascinating
          and *extremely* useful :-)
          --
          ..:: paulo elias.
          ...::::paulo@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2002
            At 11:55 AM 7/3/2002, Joe Crawford wrote:
            >So, serious question:
            >
            >***
            >WHAT FASCINATES YOU ON THE INTERNET NOW, AND WHY?
            >***
            > - Joe "conversation catalyst" Crawford
            > http://artlung.com/

            Blogs, of course.

            link to your blog, my blog will send a message to your blog notifying you
            of the link, and your blog will automatically include a link back to my
            blog adjacent to the initial post that I linked to. That's assuming your
            blog and my blog both implement linkback.

            This solves what I think is one of the chief problems currently with
            blogging - rather than a discussion or a community, blogs are often a group
            of people standing in a room speaking monologues, only occasionally
            listening to each other.

            RSS autodiscovery seems useful, but not necessarily fascinating. RSS itself
            is very exciting to me - and something that tickles me about RSS is that
            it's basically push technology, which all the smart Internet people
            dismissed as useless and a fad in 1997.

            --
            Mitch Wagner * Technology Journalism and Consulting * San Diego *
            mwagner@... * http://world.std.com/~mwagner/ * +1 (619) 461-4316