Re: [websandiego] portfolio advice

  • Joy Muehlenbein
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      I wrote:
      > I had to "downloaded" the sites using WebWacker....which doesn't seem to
      be
      > able to pull down background images. Worst case, I'll just have to
      > recreate...but I'm hoping someone has a better way to capture these files?

      I feel stupid....forget recreating...I just called up the background images
      directly by including them in the URL, clicked the image, did a "save as,"
      and voila! Amazing how something so simple managed to elude me.... =(

      ~joy muehlenbein
      http://www.joyspun.com
    • Joe Crawford
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
        Howdy Joy (another "Joy" on the list - hopefully won't lead to confusion!)...

        Joy Muehlenbein wrote:
        > Just wondering how others have handled showing sites
        > they've done when their contributions have ended, but the
        > site continues to evolve.

        It's all about screenshots and descriptions of what they did, and what
        your part in them was.

        Then she wrote:
        > I wrote:
        > > I had to "downloaded" the sites using WebWacker....
        > > which doesn't seem tobe
        > > able to pull down background images. Worst case,
        > > I'll just have to recreate...but I'm hoping someone
        > > has a better way to capture these files?
        >
        > I feel stupid....forget recreating...I just called up the
        > background images directly by including them in the URL,
        > clicked the image, did a "save as," and voila! Amazing
        > how something so simple managed to elude me.... =(

        Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest ones!

        > Also, any feedback on the site...good, bad or ugly...is
        > appreciated.

        I *really* dig it Joy. Never having seen your work - and having heard
        you say on various occasions that you're not a programmer and not a
        designer, but more of a project manager - I was not expecting much [[
        maybe you were just lowering expectations? ;-) ]] -- but I like it alot.
        Disciplined palette. Simple typography. You know where the accents go on
        "resume" - what could be better? I might like to see a picture of you or
        something a bit personal - something of /yourself/ - if not on the home
        page on the contact page?

        I really like the concept behind the %'s on this page:
        http://www.joyspun.com/webs.cfm indicating what percentage of what you
        did. That's a brilliant idea. I may have to steal that one someday. :-)

        Overall, very very nice work.

        > ~joy "send this girl to work" muehlenbein

        Amen!

        Best,

        - Joe
        --
        ........... Joe Crawford : thinking and design about the web
        .... enigmatic narcissism and miscellany : http://artlung.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
          Hey, Joe! Thanks so much for the feedback! Your generosity continues to
          amaze me and your input certainly carries a lot of weight in my book. =)

          Joe wrote:
          > It's all about screenshots and descriptions of what they did, and what
          > your part in them was.

          Ah, yes...and now that I have those pesky background images, I'll get on it!

          > I really like the concept behind the %'s on this page:
          > http://www.joyspun.com/webs.cfm indicating what percentage of what you
          > did. That's a brilliant idea. I may have to steal that one someday. :-)

          Feel free...I'm honored. ;-)

          Thanks again!!

          Regards,
          ~joy muehlenbein