RE: [webquest] WebQuest submissions

  • Barry Sovel
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2000
      Hello Sherry,
      I do not know that this would be amongst the '10 best', but it is
      one that I have designed and used this year, with great response and
      success with my own students. It has also been successfully used by other
      teachers within my District. Although it is for World War I, the approach
      and rubrics would be easy to modify for any other unit which uses the
      essential question 'What is like to be in a conflict?'
      It focuses on using primary source materials online. It has both
      group and individual components. I have also included a teacher's guide and
      samples of typical student writing that it produced. I stress 'typical,
      rather than just the usual writing of the student that would succeed
      anywhere on any assignment. I have also set up up to attempt to consider
      the variety of reading and learning skill levels that we typically deal
      with in a traditional classroom.
      I have submitted it to Bernie for feedback. It is a part of the
      huge backlog he is currently trying to find the time to review. I hope it
      may be useful to you. It can be found at
      <http://www.sonic.net/bantam1/wqww1.html>.

      yours,

      Barry
      bsovel@...
      http://www.sonic.net/bantam1/bsovel.html
    • Sherry Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2000
        Reply to: RE: [webquest] WebQuest submissions
        Thank you so much for the reply, Barry. I'll give it a look and do appreciate your response and assistance!

        Sherry Brown