intro

  • Teresa Almeida d'Eca
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hello, everyone!

      I'm Teresa Almeida d'Eca in Parede (greater Lisbon area), Portugal. I've been an EFL teacher for 30 years and have enjoyed every minute of it, even more since I embarked on the online adventure. I have taught at most levels, but am currently in a middle school teaching 6th graders in their second year of EFL.

      I started blogging with my students going on two years and have always created my own custom-made blogs. I'll be talking about them during my co-presentation with Vance Stevens in Week 4. In the meantime, if anybody is interested, do take a look at:

      Have Fun with English!
      http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/school/fun-with-english5.htm

      Let's Blog!
      http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/school/blog7.htm

      I joined this group for three main reasons:
      -- to join three colleagues I highly consider in the blogging world, with a special reference to my dear friend Bee, whose work I have followed closely;
      -- to learn much more about blogging;
      -- to get the feel of the session to help me get ready for my presentation.

      As Dafne has said, I will be co-moderating the 'Becoming a Webhead' workshop with her for the second time so I don't know if my participation will be as active I'd like.

      My Yahoo ID is teca2002pt .

      See you online!

      Teresa

    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
        Olá Teresa,
        Good to have you here my twin Portuguese-speaking friend. Thanks for
        accepting to be with us and presenting for us - I will be doing the
        same at your workshop during week 3...webheading on blogs.
        I was just looking back...
        My Bee-coming a webhead blog's 1st anniversary will be on January
        19th. Must throw a party. That's how it all started :-)
        http://beewebhead.blogspot.com/2004/01/meta-blogging-how-it-all-
        started.html
        Hugs from Brazil,
        Bee
      • Fernanda Rodrigues
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
          Hi everybody!
          My name is Fernanda Rodrigues (call me Fernanda). I live and work in
          Setúbal, about 50 kms south of Lisbon, Portugal. I've been an EFL
          teacher for about 32 years. I teach in a secondary school. My students
          are about 15-17 years old and are in their 6th year of English, though
          it doesn't mean much, as some of them have lots of difficulty in the
          various skills.
          I'd like to use blogs with them to improve their writing ability and
          that's the reason I've joined this course.
          I've done some experiences with blogs, just to see how things work, but
          it is not the technogical aspect that interests me most (except for RSS),
          but the pedagogical one.
          I also hope to have fun with all the other participants and perhaps engage
          in some common project.

          My Yahoo ID: mfr2000pt

          Time zone: GMT +1 (Portugal)

          See you all soon,
          Fernanda

          Fernanda Rodrigues
          Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
          Setúbal
          http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
        • Aaron Campbell
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
            Hello Fernanda,

            A warm welcome to you. It is wonderful to have someone like yourself, with so many
            years of experience in EFL, take part in this course. We have collaborative activities
            planned for each week, so we will have many opportunities to work together on common
            projects. I really look forward engaging in discussion with you and having some fun.

            Talk to you soon.

            Aaron