Portuguese weblog

  • Bill Kearney
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2001
      http://www.underweb.com.br/artigos.asp?cod=318

      Translate it from Portugese using:
      http://babelfish.altavista.com/

      This is certainly not an english-only phenomenon.

      http://www.syndic8.com/stats.php#FeedLang

      The distribution is a little misleading as over 1700 don't have a
      language tag properly applied.
    • markkraft@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 20, 2001
        Bill,

        There are actually a surprising amount of Brazilian webloggers and
        journalers, really. LiveJournal has 807 users from Brazil alone,
        making it our tenth most popular country of origin for our users. We
        also have several hundred users in Portugal. All of these people have
        RSS feeds, really. We also have people in our LJ development
        community from Brazil. I suspect that Portuguese will be one of the
        first languages that we will support with our internationalization
        efforts.

        Most Brazilians don't list Brazil as an interest on LJ in the same
        way that most Americans don't list America as an interest, but this
        is kind of telling:
        http://www.livejournal.com/interests.bml?int=brazil

        There is also a Brazilian community at
        http://www.livejournal.com/community/brasil/