Re: [webloggerusergroup] Digest Number 49

  • Kirsten Hubbard-Kraft
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2001

       > I'm curious what people look for in their "favorite"

      > blogs. Is it long, written pieces? Short bursts of
      > thoughts? Tons of links?

      For me my friends page allows me to choose what I want to read on any particular day. I am most interested in what people have going on in their lives. I am not interested in re-hashing news stories unless the writer has something to add to the story...like his/her opionion or feeling on the subject. I am not interested in gossip or flaming other people.

      I enjoy being able to select communities and get insight on specific subjects from groups of people. Most importantly, I enjoy diversity. I enjoy being able to look at the different possibilities on many subjects from many people.

      At this point I should state that I am a LiveJournal user. A lot of people spend time to make their journals interesting looking, lord knows I do. My impression is that people their are more interested that you are reading their journal as opposed to looking at it to see how neat it is. I don't spend my time going to the 140 journals I read individually.  I use my friends lists and various filters to get what I want for that day. I can choose to look at just the communities, a select group of friends, or all of my friends.

      I am not so interested in the "I had a peanut butter sandwhich for lunch" posts as I am into the personal writing that helps me to feel connected to the world at large. I generally like it when people go somewhere special or visit a cool website to include a link. That way I can bookmark the information or enter it as a "memory" on my journal so I can go back to it later. I thoroughly enjoy what people share of their world, their art, their passion, their writing.

      This is just my insight as to what weblogging, blogs, or journaling mean to me.

      Do You Yahoo!?
      Find a job, post your resume on Yahoo! Careers.