RE: [webloggerusergroup] Group Name (was Re: Bay Area Weblogger Group: What's Next?)

  • John Tokash
    Message 1 of 100 , Oct 19, 2001
      I think OPEN describes the club well and it's very slick. But, when
      coming up with a name for the organization, we should be prepared for
      people who will search for that name on google. OPEN isn't going to
      work as well as "Bay Area Weblogger Group" in that sense.

      --
      John Tokash
      jtokash@...

      Message 100 of 100 , Nov 2, 2001
        On another forum, Julian Bond posted a link to an experiment by Cory
        Doctorow (http://www.craphound.com/fourblogs/). That gave me an idea. With
        less than five minutes of work, I threw together a sample (but very much
        live) page that displays four weblogs from their RSS feeds using canned
        JavaScript. (http://www.rds.com/newstest.html). It enhances the metaphor of
        blogger as columnist.

        ...doug