Blogger Incest

  • Glenn McGaha Miller
    Message 1 of 100 , Oct 17, 2001
      OK, at the risk of incurring the wrath of those that have been at this
      forever: Is there any feel or even hard numbers out there on how many
      non-bloggers pay any attention whatsoever to blogs? I'm beginning to think
      that it might be very few. Further, now that I'm reading more and more
      blogs, I'm finding that most link to other blogs extensively if not almost
      exclusively. Does this concern anyone else out there?

      ---
      gm2

      Glenn McGaha Miller
      Portfolio: http://www.visionary.nu
      Words & Thoughts: http://www.youknowtheysay.com
      Print Orders: http://visionary.photoreflect.com
      Community: http://communities.msn.com/gm2intouch
      Sales: http://shop.auctionwatch.com/gm2

      Local Voice: 970.498.0675

      ICQ: 10156065
      AIM: gm2inco
      Yahoo & MSN: gm2_in_co

    • Doug Kaye
      Message 100 of 100 , Nov 2, 2001
        On another forum, Julian Bond posted a link to an experiment by Cory
        Doctorow (http://www.craphound.com/fourblogs/). That gave me an idea. With
        less than five minutes of work, I threw together a sample (but very much
        live) page that displays four weblogs from their RSS feeds using canned
        JavaScript. (http://www.rds.com/newstest.html). It enhances the metaphor of
        blogger as columnist.

        ...doug