We can ensure Good Governance

  • Milap Choraria
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2004
      Dear Freinds,

      We learn from the histiry to improve good governance. Once British
      Prime Minister Winston Churchill viewed that the "Democracy is worst
      form of government except all those other forms that have been
      tried." I am of the firm views that before formulation of his views
      Churchill should have defined the meaning of the real Democracy. In
      my opinion "Any form of the so-called democracy should not be defined
      or called a "democracy", till following fundamental principles are
      not inserted in the system itself, with concrete mechanism for their
      implementation in real practical terms":-

      Truth shall prevails;

      Justice must be above all;

      Reins of the powers should be in the hands of the people;

      Unity, based on self reliance, self respect and self dependence
      amongst the people must be supreme objects;

      Each, including Constitutional Authority should be accountable before
      the law and system irrespective of his status or position;

      Justice delivery system should be easy, affordable and within
      reasonable time;

      In the Election mechanism value should be given to the Voters not to
      the Voting;

      Individualized Politics should not be allowed at any level and at any

      Promotions in the Politicians should be based on experience,
      competency and performance;

      Distribution of the benefit of the progress and economical betterment
      of the country should be horizontal;

      System should not allow to found the ways to discriminate one to
      protect the powerful by skills or expertise.

      Each Individual should be kept away from the democratic process, if
      he does not obey these principles with the latter and sprit.

      On the basis of aforesaid principles time to time I have made
      suggestions before authorities. Some were implemented in peace-meal
      manner, but most are never considered. Some such suggestions are
      referred: http://mcho3.tripod.com/goodgovernance.

      I am of the view that an All-India non-political peace movement
      should be lunched to pressure political leadership to ensure
      appropriate changes in the law to ensure good governance. But, before
      taking any decision in this respect, I am interested to talk like
      minded person by touring every part of India. Therefore, person
      having interested to join such discussion shall give their full
      postal address and Telephone Number.

      With regards,

      Article: "India need a New Constitution" is available