Blog the Organization: Shelved

  • Doug Kaye
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2002
      My agent has spent a few months pitching "Blog the Organization" to publishers, and he's received no more than a lukewarm response. A few months ago I switched from an "All About Weblogs" approach to one that emphasized "Weblogs for Business." The latter generated a bit more interest, but still not enough. And it wasn't as though the publishers were ignorant. We encountered some that had a clear understanding of weblogs. Ultimately, I think the publishers are right, and that there isn't a sufficient market to justify the effort.

      FWIW, there are now three weblog-related titles in the works from other authors and publishers. I'm particularly looking forward to The Weblog Handbook: Practical Advice on Creating and Maintaining Your Blog by Rebecca Blood, one of the best weblog authors. Rebecca is also writing the introduction to Perseus Publishing's We've Got Blog: How Weblogs are Changing Our Culture, also due out in June. For those /. fans among you, check out Running Weblogs with Slash by Dave Krieger and Chromatic, due out "any day now" from O'Reilly.

      Although I'll no longer be posting to the BlogBook site or to my Blog the Organization weblog, I'll keep the discussion forum active so long as the folks at weblogger.com leave it up.

      Thanks to everyone on the list for your help.

           ...doug

      Doug Kaye
      doug@...
      www.rds.com