[webir] PhD Scholarships

  • David Lowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 1999
      Hi all,

      I have attached below an initial ad for two PhD scholarships. These are for
      research on Web and interactive media projects, one focusing on project
      scoping and the other on defining acceptance criteria for these
      applications.

      If you know anyone who may be interested then could you pass this email on
      to them. They should provide an application which includes a cover letter
      outlining their interest and experience in this area, and a CV which
      includes academic results. This should reach me no later than 17th
      September. They may like to contact me prior to preparing an application for
      additional information, including detailed information on the project.

      Regards,
      David Lowe

      -----------------------------

      Research Scholarships

      Two (2) POSTGRADUATE PhD SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:

      IMPACT Scoping Project C49917612

      There has been phenomenal recent growth in the development of Web,
      multimedia and interactive media applications. The IMPACT project aims to
      address two related key challenges still facing this industry - the
      initial definition of acceptance criteria for projects, and techniques for
      the subsequent estimation of project size and resource needs. This is
      critical to planning and tendering, especially in an industry where most
      development is outsourced. The IMPACT project is being carried out as a
      collaboration between researchers at two Universities (UTS and UNSW), and
      practitioners at two commercial organisations (Allette Systems P/L and
      Access CMC).

      This project has recently received funding which includes two APA(I) PhD
      Scholarships. These research scholarships are for full-time study. All
      awards are indexed and tax-free.

      Applicants for these PhD scholarships must be Australian citizens or
      permanent residents and should have a Honours (first or high second) degree
      or equivalent in an area relevant to the project topic.

      Supervisor/Contact:
      Prof. Ross Jeffery (UNSW)
      ph: (02) 93854735
      email: R.Jeffery@...
      or
      Dr. David Lowe (UTS)
      ph: (02) 95142526
      email: dbl@...

      Stipend: $20,503 p.a. + top up

      Dr. David Lowe
      Head and Senior Lecturer - Computer Systems Engineering
      Faculty of Engineering, University of Technology, Sydney
      P.O. Box 123, Broadway, 2007, NSW, Australia
      Email: dbl@... Web: www.eng.uts.edu.au/~dbl/
      Phone: +61 (0)2 9514 2526 Fax: +61 (0)2 9514 2435